[FT] Dundee Utd 0 - 2 Rangers (Sakala 54; Tillman 57)

30 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

There's a strange fascination with his build.  He's never been a skinny sort. 

Anyway, he came on yesterday and we immediately improved.  Not bad for a Sunday League player.

I give you Mr Wayne Rooney.

He could play a bit, I am told. 

58 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Anyway, he came on yesterday and we immediately improved.  Not bad for a Sunday League player.

If he were more mobile, I wouldn't have a problem with his build.

He used to be more mobile.

We improved more down to a general increase in urgency and tempo.

The style of Morelos suited our game, more than an ineffective, injured and not matchfit Colak. 

18 minutes ago, buster. said:

If he were more mobile, I wouldn't have a problem with his build.

He used to be more mobile.

We improved more down to a general increase in urgency and tempo.

The style of Morelos suited our game, more than an ineffective, injured and not matchfit Colak. 

Colak is very much a victim of the current system.

Given the right one, we have all seen that he is highly effective.

Unfortunately, under Beale he will suffer the fate of Itten. 

They would be wise NOW and capitalize on what is still a fairly statistically successful season for Colak and send him down the road. 

He will do little under Beale. 

Likewise, Alfredo, who has permitted himself to become a fatboy....again...has run his course and needs to be on the same train.

I sincerely hope that Beale cleans house. 

6 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

He has always been El Buffalo to us.

18 minutes ago, Frankie said:

There's no doubt Morelos is bigger than at other periods but not hugely so.

Worth noting for context, he missed the best part of 5 months due to a muscle injury - hampering his fitness for at least that length of time and the manager insists he's carrying a knock again now perhaps hampering his ability to work at 100% in training outwith games.

Do we accept that context or is he lazy? I'd suggest a combination of both but most crucially is we sort out his future one way or the other asap.

Also worth noting that he has already been called out for his attitude this season by the first team manager.

1 minute ago, buster. said:

Also worth noting that he has already been called out for his attitude this season by the first team manager.

I think we're all fully aware by now that there are good and bad sides to Morelos.  

The comparisons with Rooney and his body type are a good point, Rooney was on a decline at 30 whereas a guy like Sheringham played at the top into his late 30's. Contrasting builds and body types which meant Rooney could play in the first team young.. Genetics is a big thing in football these days clubs look into backgrounds and body types. Many clubs passed on Mathias de Ligt when he was at Ajax because they reckoned his genetics would lead to him having weight issues.