Buying tickets on the website

It seems only yesterday James Bisgrove was bragging about taking Rangers' online presence into the modern era, including a "state of the art" website. It turned out much like his Sydney super cup, a shambles. I don't even try buying tickets any more.

Just went on to buy my cup final ticket, under 2 minutes later it’s all done. Easy peasy! The whole process is dreadfully laid out with so many layers that surely could be done so much better but once you’ve negotiated it a few times it gets easier. I do always leave it for several hours after the emails are out until it quietens down a bit though. 

I do find it nonsensical that there is a button for the site to remember my card details which I tick every time and still need to enter my card details every time. 

It does need (another) complete overhaul, I wonder how much we paid whatever incompetent organisation created that system, and we really need to rip it up and start again.

From Heart and Hand podcast Twitter.

Spoke to club about ticketing issues today and they are well aware the website isn’t good enough.

They have partnered with a leading ticket website provider to develop a new system. 

Good, because the current one takes years off us collectively!

It's very poor but I usually get it to work without too many problems. IIRC, we're going to be working with one of the bigger providers to revamp the platform but you can expect the admin cost to reflect that.

12 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

I do always leave it for several hours after the emails are out until it quietens down a bit though. 

The problem with leaving it for a few hours is that you may not get the area of the ground that you want. The South Stand tickets seemed to go quite quickly, followed by the North Stand and many are left with the hideousness of the West Stand.

54 minutes ago, BEARGER said:

They have partnered with a leading ticket website provider to develop a new system.

As long as it is not one like Ticketus where you need a device capable of receiving QR codes.Not everyone has smart phones(me included)

therefore having to go to extra lengths to get a useable ticket.

1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

The problem with leaving it for a few hours is that you may not get the area of the ground that you want. The South Stand tickets seemed to go quite quickly, followed by the North Stand and many are left with the hideousness of the West Stand.

Be Quiet Cut It Out GIF

3 hours ago, Bluedell said:

Fair enough I hadnt considered that, but in the main for league tickets or away cup ties not at Hampden it is a good policy to wait a while.

3 hours ago, Bluedell said:

Is that how they did it ?  Dammit, I waited a couple of hours and ended up with West Stand - nuts !  That said, I can't make it so have given my two tickets away, so they will hopefully just be happy to get to the final for free :D