[FT] Rangers 2 (Tillman 45+2'; Barisic 75') - 1 Ross County

Cantwell & Raskin both look like the sort of creative players we've been missing for years, so its great to see them both getting minutes.

We still seem to be losing really soft goals due to individual errors which come against the run of play. It's like we lose concentration as a team and the other team seize the initiative and before you know it they've scored. I'd still be happy to see the back of our two first choice keepers, full-backs and maybe a CB or two.

Anyway, am glad that's over. Let's just forget about it and move on.

The game changed when sakala got booked.  The ease in which the ref booked our players after whilst ignoring opposition fouls was concerning to say the least.  Didnt think kamara on for sakala was too clever.   Tillman again with another jekyl and hyde performance .  Cantwell and riskin both look the part though and along with jack or lundstrum well have a midfield weve been crying out for.

Can't believe we haven't dropped more points yet under Beale. Not that I don't think he's doing a good job, just that aside from the Hearts game we have made really hard work of every other game so far. It needs to be addressed before we do start dropping the points, because with that the confidence in the squad disappears, I feel it already teeters on the brink.

25 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

Can't believe we haven't dropped more points yet under Beale. Not that I don't think he's doing a good job, just that aside from the Hearts game we have made really hard work of every other game so far. It needs to be addressed before we do start dropping the points, because with that the confidence in the squad disappears, I feel it already teeters on the brink.

Two things, and they are rather obvious: 

Not dropping points is because Goldson and Davies are now our centre-half pairing, being fit and up to form again. Under Gio, it was makeshift time for long spells and Goldson was hardly looking in any sort of a form that he is capapble off.

Not putting teams to the sword is because we play the same tactics over and over again. The things that turn our games now is the introduction of a true attacker on the right wing (he goes by the name of Sakala) and that Tillman is grabbing the ball and heads and shoots at goal in a manner that should see Kent go pale with shame. Cantwell looks really up for it, is clever and shoots as well. If Raskin comes close to that and Hagi gets back into action, we have a solid attacking midfield ready. Yet, I would still prefer two real strikers against teams that put 7+ men into the area.

Edited by der Berliner

4 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Two things, and they are rather obvious: 

Not dropping points is because Goldson and Davies are now our centre-half pairing, being fit and up to form again. Under Gio, it was makeshift time for long spells and Goldson was hardly looking in any sort of a form that he is capapble off.

Not putting teams to the sword is because we play the same tactics over and over again. The things that turn our games now is the introduction of a true attacker on the right wing (he goes by the name of Sakala) and that Tillman is grabbing the ball and heads and shoots at goal in a manner that should see Kent go pale with shame. Cantwell looks really up for it, is clever and shoots as well. If Raskin comes close to that and Hagi gets back into action, we have a solid attacking midfield ready. Yet, I would still prefer two real strikers against teams that put 7+ men into the area.

We play with one striker who isn’t a finisher or poacher. When he’s on his game he can do the other stuff well but his finishing is the weakest part of his game. Colak had pretty much equalled Morelos’ goal tally for the past 3 seasons prior to the break. I can understand why Beale is considering playing both.

Said it before & I’ll say it again I don’t know why we don’t play two strikers up front against teams like that at home ( I thought Sakala played more in a wide role rather than a second striker)

And those bemoaning McLauchlin at their goal should ask whether McGregor would have come out for that cross? But I do share concerns about McLaughlin at crosses. He’s ok when they’re straight at him but he struggles to get to them when he’s got to move to the cross. Like today & at Kilmarnock recently. Assuming McGregor retires at the end of the season we’ll need to bring in at least one keeper, probably two. That won’t be easy. We should’ve brought in another keeper by now especially if, as it seems, McCrorie won’t get his chance.

On the positive side today it looks like both Cantwell & Raskin will be in the starting XI each game before long. Both look like adding MF creativity which we lack