Morelos tweet

50 minutes ago, buster. said:

I count three players I was definitely attached to.

Derek Parlane and Sandy Jardine as my favourite players, then Davie Cooper.

I was a huge fan of Ian Durrant when I was a kid.  Sadly, I think Simpson's tackle made me think twice about getting so focused on individual players.

Since the 80s, it has become much rarer for actual Rangers men to turn out for the first team. And then we have the likes of Barry Ferguson, who can never wait to stick the knife in in his awful newspaper articles.  

3 hours ago, Graeme Ro55 said:

I get what your saying Bill, but I'm in the "once a Ger always a Ger" camp, and for that reason I'm thrilled that Arteta who didn't even stay at Ibrox too long may win the EPL. I want our old players to do well wherever they go, except when they come back as opposition of coarse. The downside to that for me was how hertbreaking it was when Gio got the spanish archer, being an old Ger from my favourite team. 

By and large I couldn't give a stuff what they do when they leave. If they feel a Ranger after they leave then good for them but I think the reality is they're only a Ranger when they actually play for the club ... the rest is just ingratiating guff they're all coached to say, something that gets them media money. I certainly don't get attached to them ... well maybe there are some special exceptions, a few players who made exceptional contributions. For me it's about the team and the club, that's all.

11 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

And then we have the likes of Barry Ferguson, who can never wait to stick the knife in in his awful newspaper articles.  

Its so bizarre how he has turned out in the media. Was a leader on the park and a brilliant player. Helped drag us almost single handidly to titles at times.

10 minutes ago, Devil's advocaat said:

Barry is firmly in the 'thicker than a Michelle mcmanus jobby' bin, along with his uncle and his big mate Boyd.

Derek is Barry's brother.  Older but equally unwise, it seems.

On 03/02/2023 at 10:55, Bill said:

Tbf I think Buster is simply saying the tweet is a distraction and is unimportant whatever way you choose to see it. What counts is what he does on the park and we've all seen that can be hugely inconsistent.

A distraction to who ?

1 hour ago, craig said:

A distraction to who ?

Not so much a distraction to anyone because that would imply an element of directed intent. More a distraction for whoever chooses to focus on the trivia of the tweet rather than the performances of the player.

At least that's what I assume Buster meant. We're not yet so closely aligned that I can be sure on every occasion. 😄 But we're making progress.

On 02/02/2023 at 17:08, BEARGER said:

EL ÉXITO NO LLEGA POR CASUALIDAD, es trabajo duro , perseverancia, aprendizaje, sacrificio y sobre todo, amor por lo que haces 👌💪🏾🐃🇨🇴

SUCCESS DOES NOT COME BY CHANCE, it is hard work, perseverance, learning, sacrifice and above all, love for what you do 👌💪🏾🐃🇨🇴

Hugely ironic from a player who plays when the fancy takes him and is often posted missing.