[FT] Rangers 1 (Morelos 64) - 2 Celtic

1 minute ago, ranger_syntax said:

Nothing that you have said supports the claim that there is an insurmountable gap between the two teams.

Why don't you try that?

Alternatively just admit that it is a load of rubbish.

Its not, but if you are happy being 2nd best in a two horse race then fine. If you are happy sliding further behind them, then fine. If you are happy with them soon to overtake our trophy haul, then fine.

I'm not and the gap is there for all to see. 

There is no point in continuing the discussions as we are clearly not going to agree.

Said previously I hope you are right, but feel my views will be proven to be closer to reality. Only time will tell.

After an OF defeat it usually takes me a few days for the initial disappointment to subside and more considered thoughts to emerge. For some reason, Sunday's humiliation is having quite a different effect and I find myself growing more concerned and dispirited as time passed.

I think this is because, after changing manager twice in the last 15 months or so and continuing to display the same old failings, it is now beyond question we are carrying some constant factors that are stopping us moving forward. It might be a coincidence of the three managers, each of whom either doesn't understand the problem or is incapable of fixing it. It might be the DoF or it might be the senior board. Or it might be the senior players who are poisoning the dressing room and holding back the squad.

Whatever the problem or problems, it's undeniably systemic and deep rooted. And that is a really huge basis of concern.

16 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Nearly a week has gone by and nobody has blamed the referee. Shows how bad Rangers were.

That's the difference between us and them.  We take responsibility when we lose and blame ourselves.  They lash out and blame others.

All to do with upbringing.  

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

We take responsibility when we lose and blame ourselves.

Not so sure about that. Think of all the words we’ve read about Clancy, Collum, Beaton and the lino whose name I’ve forgotten. All criticism justified, though.

1 hour ago, Scott7 said:

Nearly a week has gone by and nobody has blamed the referee. Shows how bad Rangers were.

I thought Walsh did well. I believe he is wrong-footed but it doesn’t show. 

I've seldom had issues with Walsh as a referee. He seems to maintain a relatively low profile for the best of reasons.