[FT] Rangers 1 (Morelos 64) - 2 Celtic

5 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

So it wasn't down to fitness?

Not picking Raskin was stupid.  I'm more concerned about Beale's managerial skills than I was before I read this.  

Watch the interview, he takes the blame, says we didn't start the game as he'd expected us to. 

His post-match interview, like most of his interviews are refreshingly honest. 

2 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I'm more concerned about Beale's managerial skills than I was before I read this. 

Not me we were a total basket case under Gio and Michael came in and steadied the ship,today he made wrong choice of starting Lundstram and Kamara together,one just back from injury and the other WELL???!!!!.

Hopefully he will have seen that we need leadership on the pitch which our Hall of Fame inductee does not have.

Until he can get rid of our permanantly/or every other game easily crocked players we are in a no win situation.

6 minutes ago, CammyF said:

His post-match interview, like most of his interviews are refreshingly honest. 

I don't care if a manager tells us he can turn water into wine, as long as we win trophies.  

Not picking Raskin was just plain stupid.

3 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I don't care if a manager tells us he can turn water into wine, as long as we win trophies.  

Not picking Raskin was just plain stupid.

In the key moments of the game (goals and chances) having Raskin playing would have made no difference.

Their 1st goal is a ball in-between our right back and centre defender, then a cut back to a player in yards of room in from of our goal. 

When Kent hits the post in 2nd half and ball falls to Sakala and he choses to shoot rather than cut the ball back, Raskin being on the pitch doesn't influence this.

Whether we would have won with Raskin playing is pie in the sky. We don't know how the game would have transpired if he'd started.

End of the day, players lost the game today as too many didn't perform.

10 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Sakala and he choses to shoot rather than cut the ball back,

Therein lies our problem no tactical awareness,he could even have passed the ball into the net instead of a totally uncontrolled blast at the ball.

20 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Whether we would have won with Raskin playing is pie in the sky. We don't know how the game would have transpired if he'd started.

Pick the best players for a cup final.  

Beale didn't do that.  

I don't even get the debate here.  

We have a squad of players who have continually failed to deliver trophies.  The new manager brings in new players but didn't pick them for a cup final.  

Celtc aren't very good but by doing things like not picking our best players we are helping them to keep winning. 

Beale has done okay, so far but today he had a chance to win a trophy and made an arse of it.  

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

I'm more concerned about Beale's managerial skills than I was before I read this.  

Every manager has days when it doesn't work out the way he planned but this was such an obvious mistake that I think we're all feeling the first pangs of doubt about Mr Beale ... and maybe that's the biggest disappointment of all today.