[FT] Rangers 1 (Morelos 64) - 2 Celtic

9 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Starting XI debate aside... I thought Kent, Tilman, Morelos and Sakala were all poor today. So many wrong decisions when we had potential opportunities.

Do we have better players than those four you mention in our squad ? I don’t think so 

And where do we get those better players from and what would they cost us?

Edited by RANGERRAB

5 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Do we have better players than those four you mention in our squad ? I don’t think so 

And where do we get those better players from and what would they cost us?

I agree. Just pointing out that all 4 had a bad game. If 2 have a bad game at least the other 2 might turn up. Just disappointed that none of them showed their true potential today. 

Ultimately it was domestic form which cost GvB his job, particularly poor results against Celtic.

MB has now played them twice (neither at CP) and won neither. There’s still at least a couple of games against them before the end of the season. I wonder if those who hounded out GvB will do likewise with MB if he fails to win any games against them this season

Edited by RANGERRAB

6 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Ultimately it was domestic form which cost GvB his job, particularly poor results against Celtic.

MB has now played them twice (neither at CP) and won neither. There’s still at least a couple of games against them before the end of the season. I wonder if those who hounded out GvB will do likewise with MB if he fails to win any games against them this season

There has to come a time where we understand that continually changing the manager is unsustainable.

We have a huge conundrum to face and overcome. They have a better squad than us, they have more disposable cash than us and winning the league gives the access to even more money via direct qualification to the CL.

Today MB picked the wrong team in many of out eyes, however the 11 picked should have been able to at least match Celtic. They couldn't and we looked unfit, off the pace, sat too deep and invited them on to us. It was inevitable that they would finally score. 

Once me matched their work-rate and intensity after going 2-0 down we had a 10min spell where they were rattled. However, we could keep up that intensity and eventually they saw out the game with ease. 

I still think MB is the man to take us forward but we need to give him time and more importantly, finacial backing so we can try and close the gap. 

When we won 55, they replaced the manager and their entire squad. We stood still and are still paying the price for that. Now we must replace the vast majority of our squad but do it on the "cheap" or somehow find someone, or some group who are willing to bankroll us.

It's the reality of where we are and a result of the folly of not backing SG after winning 55.

Years ago we binned two great player tomorrow we should bin Kamara and Lundstrum and the board or whoever’s responsible should be looking for a coach who can take whatever is left into next season the present manager is not the answer a poor appointment.

5 minutes ago, compo said:

Years ago we binned two great player tomorrow we should bin Kamara and Lundstrum and the board or whoever’s responsible should be looking for a coach who can take whatever is left into next season the present manager is not the answer a poor appointment.

By "binning" them, do you mean paying them off? How exactly do you "bin" players who are under contract? What would it cost to bin them and MB? 

MB was a "safe" appointment but after one defeat, it seems harsh to say it was a "poor" appointment. 

Time some fans took a step back and looked at the bigger picture. 

Without serious investment, we are doomed to be 2nd best for a while. A sporadic league title, a cup here and there is our future without investment.

You could appoint the greatest coach in the world and it wouldn't make any difference.

Alternatively, you look at Arsenal and give a coach an opportunity and time to build his own team, playing style and identity, but suffer years in the wilderness.

Which would you choose?

14 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Today MB picked the wrong team in many of out eyes, however the 11 picked should have been able to at least match Celtic. They couldn't and we looked unfit, off the pace, sat too deep and invited them on to us. It was inevitable that they would finally score. 

The simple truth is some of our players have spots that cannot be changed. We've seen this same lackadaisical approach under three different managers now and except in dire emergency they should be nowhere near the starting lineup. I don't have to name them, we all know who they are and so should our manager.