[FT] Rangers 2 (Tillman 38', 55') - 0 Dundee Utd

The problem any Rangers manager has just now is that Celtc are beating everyone comfortably.  

We need to beat everyone and beat them more than they beat us, otherwise we win nothing.  

The first half was a borefest apart from Tillman's goal and Kent's shot off the bar.  We were pedestrian and predictable.  The long ball from the wings just doesn't cut it against a 10 man defense.  I agree with most others that we do not need 2 defensive mids in this and many other games.  We need much better than Lundstram.  Second half we cut through them, keeping the ball on the deck and getting it to the skillful players.  It was much better to watch but we really need to bury teams when we are so far ahead.  For the second time in recent matches I was baffled at Morelos being taken off.  I am a fan of Kent but h flattered to deceive, however with a bit of luck he could have had 2 goals and I wouldn't be saying that.  If we are really serious about beating Celtic we need someone who can score more goals.  Cantwell, Raskin and Tillman are the future.

Edited by Blue Moon

13 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

The problem any Rangers manager has just now is that Celtc are beating everyone comfortably.  

We need to beat everyone and beat them more than they beat us, otherwise we win nothing.  

When Gerrard first came to Rangers he realised we needed to start beating Celtic. Once we started doing that they started to implode 

Weve stopped beating them & have had a couple of horror results against them. That needs to change.
They’re no great shakes as their European results prove

2 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Ben Davies btw.. I thought he looked a bit meek when he first joined but I'm really liking the look of him now.

Turns out he's probably our best defender.

1 hour ago, RANGERRAB said:

When Gerrard first came to Rangers he realised we needed to start beating Celtic. Once we started doing that they started to implode 

Weve stopped beating them & have had a couple of horror results against them. That needs to change.
They’re no great shakes as their European results prove

They may not be great shakes in Europe but they're better shakes than us right now. I'll change my mind when we start beating them but at the moment we look terrified when we take the field against them. Basically, we're still nowhere nearly good enough and any real hope of success lies in the summer transfer window. Of course, it would help if the manager stopped making absurd team selections like in the LC final.

26 minutes ago, Bill said:

at the moment we look terrified when we take the field against them.

Correct. That was clear from the shots of the teams in the tunnel at the LCF. Tav in particular looked like a frightened rabbit.

2 hours ago, Scott7 said:

That was clear from the shots of the teams in the tunnel at the LCF. Tav in particular looked like a frightened rabbit.

That's exactly why we need a serious clear out.  Too many players content to play second fiddle.  

9 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

That's exactly why we need a serious clear out.  Too many players content to play second fiddle.  

We could do worse than start by appointing a new captain who can lift and inspire his team when the chips are down.