[FT] Rangers 0 - 1 Celtic

45 minutes ago, craig said:

Strange how we all see things differently.  Ure has failed to impress me whenever I have seen him.  Lovelace needs more time as he is still very young.

I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again! Ure is out of contract in the summer and hasn't had a sniff of the first team while we've been playing a clearly disinterested and ineffective Morelos, so you may have called it right. 

37 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

while we've been playing a clearly disinterested and ineffective Morelos,  it right. 

A general question on Morelos. I've been reading lots of people on twitter saying he should never play for the club again after Sunday, but I didn't think he was that bad. He out in the effort although struggled at times to win headers against a far bigger centre half, but did win some. He linked the play up, although gave away he ball on one occasion. He wasn't brilliant but he was okay.

Have I got it wrong and he does deserve the abuse for Sunday's game?

3 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

A general question on Morelos. I've been reading lots of people on twitter saying he should never play for the club again after Sunday, but I didn't think he was that bad. He out in the effort although struggled at times to win headers against a far bigger centre half, but did win some. He linked the play up, although gave away he ball on one occasion. He wasn't brilliant but he was okay.

It doesn't mater if he deserves it or not.

We lost the game, so we need a scapegoat. :facepalm:

11 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I definitely don't think he was the worst player on the pitch, but I feel he needed to do more.. Granted he was up against a bigger centre back, but for me, he then needs to work smarter and 'win' free kicks, or come short to change the approach. He has been up against bigger and better defenders in the past, specifically in the Europa League and didn't struggle then, often excelling.

Thats just my opinion though

4 minutes ago, lenny3k said:

I definitely don't think he was the worst player on the pitch, but I feel he needed to do more.. Granted he was up against a bigger centre back, but for me, he then needs to work smarter and 'win' free kicks, or come short to change the approach. He has been up against bigger and better defenders in the past, specifically in the Europa League and didn't struggle then, often excelling.

Thats just my opinion though

That's fair enough, although obviously difficult to come short when the ball is being punted up in the air by McGregor and it's more difficult to win free kicks with Scottish refs, who are loathed to give Alfie anything at the best of times. 

53 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I thought he was terrible on Sunday, as was Kent. Thought Tillman contributed very little in an attacking sense while he was on as well. Morelos is always up against bigger centre halves, that's the job. Their forwards were up against bigger centre halves too. 

Our defence have rightly taken flak for Sunday's loss, but we were toothless upfront, as poor as I remember us. 

2 hours ago, Bill said:

And at the other end of the park, when both fullbacks devote so much of their efforts to making crosses into the opposition box you'd think there would be better return but their much-vaunted crossing ability only rarely amounts to anything, certainly not enough to sacrifice defensive abilities for. Two new fullbacks and a new captain please.

The problem at the other end, IMO, is not so much their crossing ability but they have nothing to aim at - we literally throw crosses into the box and we have one striker in the box and that is it.  The whole approach needs re-thought.

1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

I didnt think he was that bad, but also lacked service.  Don't think he showed lack of effort but his "gait" points to that - best analogy I can give is to think to a young Charlie Adam... always looked like he was towing a caravan, unfit and couldnt run... yet by most accounts was one of, if not the, fittest at the club.  Just doesnt look like it.

How do we expect Morelos to pressure 2 CB's by himself with little support ?

30 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

I thought he was terrible on Sunday, as was Kent. Thought Tillman contributed very little in an attacking sense while he was on as well. Morelos is always up against bigger centre halves, that's the job. Their forwards were up against bigger centre halves too. 

Our defence have rightly taken flak for Sunday's loss, but we were toothless upfront, as poor as I remember us. 

The reason their forwards get more success against our CB's is because they play the high press as a unity - we seem to just haphazardly apply it - it is almost as if we are scared to, but then do it out of obligation - ends up being a hybrid that works in neither situation.