The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

16 minutes ago, Graeme Ro55 said:

Agree, but I would add we need to be doing better at selling as well as buying. If the figures that have been banded about in the past for the likes of Morelos, Kent & Kamara were true we should have snapped up those offers. Keeping them has proven to be a mistake.

Those complaining about our failure to sell these players are generally the same that were moaning that these players were too important. 

They use the player trading model as a stick to criticise the club, but don't understand how it works. 

(I'm not saying you're one of them.) 

6 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Those complaining about our failure to sell these players are generally the same that were moaning that these players were too important. 

preach GIF by Shalita Grant

(not pointing fingers spcifically, but generally, this is so true)

2 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

(I'm not saying you're one of them.) 

Personally, I was never too keen on Kent or Kamara and would have grabbed at an offer, but I was a bit torn over selling Morelos, so I got that one wrong. Retrospect is a fine thing, eh.

14 hours ago, DMAA said:

I hope not. Purely because that would be an absolutely insane decision. Swapping the man who never misses a game with John Souttar. 

Mate, you may need to go back to last season to see the chronology of what happened.

Goldson hadn't signed a contract and it was expiring.  Souttar was signed in January, when Goldson wasn't signing.  I suspect the club brought Souttar in on the expectation that Goldson wouldnt sign a new contract (Goldson himself said that he decided very late to sign a new contract).

It wasn't about the club WANTING to swap them, it was because they feared Goldson was leaving anyway.

2 hours ago, Bill said:

Consider this. If Patterson had stayed, would he still be wasting away his career on the bench waiting for Tavernier to be dropped?

Well, honestly the proper move would have been to sell Tav and keep Patterson. The player reading model seems to have gone out the window.

1 minute ago, PoohBear said:

Well, honestly the proper move would have been to sell Tav and keep Patterson. The player reading model seems to have gone out the window.

You don't pass up £12M.