The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

What's the deal with Tillman? Super creative against dross that park the bus against us but a waste of space and time against any better teams. I hope that's the last we see of him

The biggest challenge for next season will be to get a front 3 who can score a lot more than what we’ve currently got.

And it might be best to look at more experienced players than going for younger players & hoping to sell them for profit 

I’ll throw a name in…Sory Kaba. He’s 28. Played against us for FC Midyjtland in the EL a few seasons ago. Has fallen out with them & been shipped out on loan to OH Leuven in Belgium & now he’s at Cardiff City. Scored goals at both of them. He’s got one year left on his contract at FC Midyjtland so wouldn’t cost that much

Edited by RANGERRAB

15 minutes ago, Bill said:

What's the deal with Tillman? Super creative against dross that park the bus against us but a waste of space and time against any better teams. I hope that's the last we see of him

He’s now injured & I’d be surprised if we saw him again

Just now, Franc Ergs said:

I was very much in the 'Not good enough for Rangers' camp, with Lawrence Shankland, but i believe he'd have found it hard not to score against them today.

He got 2 years left on his contract with hertz I think. They’d want a lot more than  we’d be prepared to pay I’d think

37 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Tillman is not the answer to our currents predicaments.  

One player alone never is. I still wouldn't mind having him here for another season, yet we also need a fit Lawrence, Colak, Roofe, Jack et al, as well as replacements for people who simply have gone past their sell-by date. You see Raskin and Cantwell and think: wow, just wow! And that is not just an indicator of what is out there and available to us, but also an indicator what sort of level we have become accustomed to - and as Rangers should never have.

Edited by der Berliner

Everyone accepts there is a crucial rebuild ahead of us this summer but I dispute the sense in building a new house on shaky foundations. There's an opportunity of course to see the back of Kent, Morelos, Kamara, McGregor among others out of contract but that won't be enough. Tillman needs to go, Sakala, Barisic and probably Tavernier too. But whether our current captain stays or goes, I earnestly hope to see someone else wearing the armband next season.

6 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

yet we also need a fit Lawrence, Colak, Roofe, Jack et al,

Lawrence and Colak may become operational again. Roofe never will and Jack unfortunately is possibly at the end of his career.

8 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

You see Raskin and Cantwell and think: wow, just wow

Too soon to tell but they are severely handicapped by the inadequacies of their teammates. Let’s see how they’re doing in October.