The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

On 27/04/2023 at 13:14, Blue Moon said:

Thank you der Berliner.  No offence but I hate the transfer window.  It always starts with hope and ends in disappointment.

You've not asked for advice but I will tell you how I cope with it.

I start it with disappointment.  Then as time passes I continue to be disappointed.  Finally the deadline day arrives and the transfer window slams shut with disappointment.

11 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

You've not asked for advice but I will tell you how I cope with it.

I start it with disappointment.  Then as time passes I continue to be disappointed.  Finally the deadline day arrives and the transfer window slams shut with disappointment.

the big bang theory sheldon GIF

Kieran Dowell to sign for Rangers on three-year deal as Norwich free agent heads to Ibrox

The 25-year-old is set to kick-start a pre-season revamp of Gers' squad as Michael Beale gets his man.

dailyrecord

1_Norwich-City-v-Luton-Town-Sky-Bet-Championship.jpg

(Image: Getty Images)

Kieran Dowell has agreed to become Rangers boss Michael Beale's first summer signing. Mailsport understands the Norwich City midfielder will pen a three-year deal at Ibrox when his Carrow Road contract expires.
The 25-year-old is set to kick-start a pre-season revamp of Gers' squad, following his ex-Canaries team-mate Todd Cantwell and Romanian midfielder Nico Raskin, who joined in January. Free agent Dowell has already met Beale and is keen to be part of a new-look Rangers next term. It's understood the former Everton youngster has already passed a medical ahead of moving to Glasgow. While at Goodison Park, he had loan spells at Nottingham Forest, Sheffield United, Derby and Wigan - before signing for Norwich in 2020.
This season, Dowell has scored five goals in 26 appearances for the Championship side. Beale has also been linked with moves for Crystal Palace keeper Jack Butland and Swansea City winger Morgan Whittaker. He's been actively pursuing transfer targets after Ibrox sporting director Ross Wilson left for Nottingham Forest - and has managed to snare Dowell early.

28 minutes ago, BEARGER said:

Kieran Dowell to sign for Rangers on three-year deal as Norwich free agent heads to Ibrox

The 25-year-old is set to kick-start a pre-season revamp of Gers' squad as Michael Beale gets his man.

dailyrecord

1_Norwich-City-v-Luton-Town-Sky-Bet-Championship.jpg

(Image: Getty Images)

Kieran Dowell has agreed to become Rangers boss Michael Beale's first summer signing. Mailsport understands the Norwich City midfielder will pen a three-year deal at Ibrox when his Carrow Road contract expires.
The 25-year-old is set to kick-start a pre-season revamp of Gers' squad, following his ex-Canaries team-mate Todd Cantwell and Romanian midfielder Nico Raskin, who joined in January. Free agent Dowell has already met Beale and is keen to be part of a new-look Rangers next term. It's understood the former Everton youngster has already passed a medical ahead of moving to Glasgow. While at Goodison Park, he had loan spells at Nottingham Forest, Sheffield United, Derby and Wigan - before signing for Norwich in 2020.
This season, Dowell has scored five goals in 26 appearances for the Championship side. Beale has also been linked with moves for Crystal Palace keeper Jack Butland and Swansea City winger Morgan Whittaker. He's been actively pursuing transfer targets after Ibrox sporting director Ross Wilson left for Nottingham Forest - and has managed to snare Dowell early.

Oh great, another new signing with a dodgy injury record. 

Dowell is similar to Cantwell in style, I believe, but without a consistent run in a team over the years. 

I know he did well at Forest, then barely played when the manager (Warburton) left. 

He's not been in the Norwich squad at all the last month or two, despite playing regularly throughout the rest of the season. 

I have no idea why that is. There's no injury-based absence according to TM. 

31 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Dowell is similar to Cantwell in style, I believe, but without a consistent run in a team over the years. 

I know he did well at Forest, then barely played when the manager (Warburton) left. 

He's not been in the Norwich squad at all the last month or two, despite playing regularly throughout the rest of the season. 

I have no idea why that is. There's no injury-based absence according to TM. 

Maybe he’s not good at football? Quite a few clubs have let him go.