The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

15 hours ago, Scott7 said:

Maybe he’s not good at football? Quite a few clubs have let him go.

I don't think so. He has shown talent.

He’s only been at two clubs permanently, on loan at three. 

He was seen as a very promising player - certainly still when Norwich signed him three years ago - he’s just not quite fulfilled it. 

I would need to rake through club forums to find out why it hasn't worked out.

We could be getting a bargain, or a damp squib.

At this stage it's easier to list the players worth keeping. For me, the below can stay (I realise not everyone will agree):

- Tavernier (probably most controversial, but I think is still capable in the right team)

- Goldson

- Yilmaz (although I am struggling to see why we spent such a large amount of money on him)

- Rankin

- Cantwell

- Jack

- Matondo (I actually think when he gains confidence he may be worth something)

- Colak (Not first pick but not a bad squad player)

Thats seven players, not sure if I missed any. We have a lot of work to do.

Edited by PoohBear

I think Tav has shot his bolt.

Yilmaz has shown absolutely nothing. Sell him pretending to buyers he’s a great player, just hasn’t settled in Glasgow. 

Raskin and Cantwell have to be kept, at least for now but consistent, productive performances needed.

19 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

At this stage it's easier to list the players worth keeping. For me, the below can stay (I realise not everyone will agree):

- Tavernier (probably most controversial, but I think is still capable in the right team)

- Goldson

- Yilmaz (although I am struggling to see why we spent such a large amount of money on him)

- Rankin

- Cantwell

- Jack

- Matondo (I actually think when he gains confidence he may be worth something)

- Colak (Not first pick but not a bad squad player)

Thats seven players, not sure if I missed any. We have a lot of work to do.

My list of players I'd keep would be even shorter.
 Yilmaz, Cantwell, Raskin, Hagi.

1 hour ago, Scott7 said:

I think Tav has shot his bolt.

Yilmaz has shown absolutely nothing. Sell him pretending to buyers he’s a great player, just hasn’t settled in Glasgow. 

Raskin and Cantwell have to be kept, at least for now but consistent, productive performances needed.

Yilmaz has shown nothing? Can I ask what you are basing this on? Surely not a collection of appearances in the third (rate) trophy and a few league cameos. He's literally had no go time to make such an assessment.

2 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Yilmaz has shown nothing? Can I ask what you are basing this on? Surely not a collection of appearances in the third (rate) trophy and a few league cameos. He's literally had no go time to make such an assessment.

I get what you mean but he hasn’t come from schools or junior football or even the B team. He cost a lot of money so you would expect to see something in his play to show why he’s worth the price. 

Time will tell because I don’t think he’ll be sold this time round.

4 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

I get what you mean but he hasn’t come from schools or junior football or even the B team. He cost a lot of money so you would expect to see something in his play to show why he’s worth the price. 

Time will tell because I don’t think he’ll be sold this time round.

The large outlay on him for him not to play is baffling but ultimately I can't make any judgement on him based on the scraps he's been thrown this season.