The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

21 minutes ago, craig said:

I would take that with pretty much all our squad in fairness.  As frustrating as Aribo could be, he played a hefty part in 55 and in the EL final campaign, all for a cross border development fee of, what, 350k ?  And sold for 8 mill ?  Yes please

Oh, Absolutely agree. I think sometimes our support are fixated with the big sell. Its not about chasing that big Bassey type sale but going for more 'Aribo's'. 

Bear in mind Stewart Robertson said at the time the Aribo signing cost ~2 million in sign on fees and he had a high wage for his profile so you wont make big profit on these guys but its more about the continual turnover that makes it sustainable for a club like ours.

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats

I don't know if this guy has been mentioned on here. I didn't see his name on the list. 

But what do you think? 

I know, YouTube, sorry, my guy in Macedonia has the flu. 

I saw that Rangers had interest in him. 

Seems decent enough.

3 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Are we getting quality from our money now? Celtics Japanese contingent are on a fraction of our top earners wages. Kyogo on the same as Colak.

I'd take Shankland as 3rd choice for 5-10k.

Well, hindsight is a wonderful thing. Many laughed at the Japanese gang et al, yet, they did what was needed (and it ain't too much a job pummeling SPFL teams into submission). Our players were IMHO not that much worse, but they either were injured or couldn't come up with the goods when required. You can't tell that in advance, though ... and truth be told, most of them delivered in Europe. IMHO, some war far too comfortable in their "always-first-pick comfort zone", while we far too often did not apply the correct tactics for the games at hand.  We simply didn't have the players capable of beating the brickwall sides in a fashion the Scum has done for years now, yet we persist with these tactics, no matter what. The last four managers fell over that hurdle and one hopes that Beale finally wakes up.

7 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

I don't know if this guy has been mentioned on here. I didn't see his name on the list. 

But what do you think? 

I know, YouTube, sorry, my guy in Macedonia has the flu. 

I saw that Rangers had interest in him. 

Seems decent enough.

Linked in February, Red Star wants(/-ed) 5m for him.