The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

1 hour ago, lenny3k said:

Players dropping from the prem to the championship tend to have it written in their contract that they will get a minimum of 40-50% wage reduction, although, would still probably be on more money than we gave him

Are you friggin serious? 

That's absolutely ridiculous.

I did not know that.

Thanks bud. 

2 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Good work rate, can score, consistent track record. No ruptured Achilles, bulging discs or phantom sicknesses. 

He did suffer an ankle injury against Panetolikos  in Dec 22 (link)--looks like it took him out for about six weeks (TM) and may be the result we are seeing in his reduction in output. Certainly nothing out of the ordinary...hopefully. Perhaps could be in our benefit as that drop in production may have turned off other suitors.

Oher than that he seems like a decent prospect

Current--35 games 13 gls 8 asst.

Seems like a tough Latin kid.

Safe bet. Me likey. Hope Rangers get this guy.

https://sportish.co/football/superleague-1/158820.html

https://www.transfermarkt.com/luis-palma/leistungsdaten/spieler/539043

Edited by Malangsob

1 hour ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

No and I wouldnt want him back either. After 1 year in the championship if he does well he could end up at a bottom 6 side for megabucks. 

I wouldn't go there either. We did well enough out of him right enough but there were also many games when it was hard to know if he was on the pitch or not. I'm not hugely surprised at what's happened to him at Southampton.

2 hours ago, lenny3k said:

Players dropping from the prem to the championship tend to have it written in their contract that they will get a minimum of 40-50% wage reduction, although, would still probably be on more money than we gave him

Chelsea players are expected to take a 30% pay reduction for missing CL

Leeds players all are taking a 40-50% pay cut if they get relegated

Aribo's salary will absolutely no doubt take a bath, along with every other Southampton player.

1 hour ago, Malangsob said:

Are you friggin serious? 

That's absolutely ridiculous.

I did not know that.

Thanks bud. 

Why is it ridiculous ?  They get paid a shed load of money due to the EPL finances.... they know when they sign the contract that there is a risk their club will get relegated (well, if you sign for a club outside the top 6 or 7) and they sign the contract knowing the risk.

43 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

Good work rate, can score, consistent track record. No ruptured Achilles, bulging discs or phantom sicknesses. 

He did suffer an ankle injury against Panetolikos  in Dec 22 (link)--looks like it took him out for about six weeks (TM) and may be the result we are seeing in his reduction in output. Certainly nothing out of the ordinary...hopefully. Perhaps could be in our benefit as that drop in production may have turned off other suitors.

Oher than that he seems like a decent prospect

Current--35 games 13 gls 8 asst.

Seems like a tough Latin kid.

Safe bet. Me likey. Hope Rangers get this guy.

https://sportish.co/football/superleague-1/158820.html

https://www.transfermarkt.com/luis-palma/leistungsdaten/spieler/539043

Mate, he is no more a safe bet than Sterling, the kid you think is too risky

18 minutes ago, craig said:

Why is it ridiculous ?  They get paid a shed load of money due to the EPL finances.... they know when they sign the contract that there is a risk their club will get relegated (well, if you sign for a club outside the top 6 or 7) and they sign the contract knowing the risk.

Exactly, there's enough players down tools and see out contracts, fans have long wanted some kind of performance related pay,this is about as near as you'll get.

16 minutes ago, craig said:

I would only agree with such a tactic if it worked both ways.

Profits up, players get increased pay or bonuses based upon an agreed percentage of that profit.

Is that a common thing as well?

Penalizing a player for something before the fact,  that may or may not be largely out of his control is complete mierda. 

7 minutes ago, Devil's advocaat said:

Exactly, there's enough players down tools and see out contracts, fans have long wanted some kind of performance related pay,this is about as near as you'll get.

What about the guy that doesn't fit into a system because managers are changed midstream? 

He finds his ass polishin pine for four months.

The team get relegated and he gets penalized?

Come on now...