The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

5 hours ago, CammyF said:

Tav was sound defensively today and curtailed his time in opposition final 3rd. However, noticed at opening goal, he was on 6 yard line awaiting a cutback from Cantwell 😀

Thing is with Tav, he is told to play forward in an attacking way, so when he does it is up to his team mates to cover him, if you want a full back to just defend then it takes away his attacking prowess. So if you want a full back to just defend then fine, but you can't have both!.

1 hour ago, ian1964 said:

Thing is with Tav, he is told to play forward in an attacking way, so when he does it is up to his team mates to cover him, if you want a full back to just defend then it takes away his attacking prowess. So if you want a full back to just defend then fine, but you can't have both!.

Tav hasn’t been criticised for going forward. He’s been criticised for his defending when he’s back in defence. 

The Tav thing is part of the bigger picture - it's not just a dig at him. 

We need change because we're not winning the big games.  We need change because we're too nice.  Tav's a part of the 2nd best culture.

7 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

The Tav thing is part of the bigger picture - it's not just a dig at him. 

We need change because we're not winning the big games.  We need change because we're too nice.  Tav's a part of the 2nd best culture.

I think we would do well getting a fee for a 31 year old (32 next season) high earner. It just makes sense to move him on now rather than keep him on a decline. His physical and athletic ability is what makes him as a player.

8 hours ago, Bill said:

Tav hasn’t been criticised for going forward. He’s been criticised for his defending when he’s back in defence. 

He is not the worst defender we have though! why is he subject to the most criticism? for instance Barasic is far worse, IMO.

As much as we need a new goalkeeper, I think the negative impact of MacGregor playing this season has been somewhat overstated. Apart from the odd lapse Alan MacGregor has been a safe pair of hands. The reason we have failed in the league has been due to our calamitous defending, poor finishing and horrible injury list. 

McCrorie is 25/26 and the perfect replacement for Alan but once again, next season will not be make or break based on our goalkeeper. It will come down to consistency, more clinical finishing and making sure we cut out the silly mistakes. 

Yesterday will give the players a boost going into the summer and hopefully will be the psychological springboard needed to ensure that we are right up for it come the first OF game of the season (at home). 

IMO from the 5 OF games Beale has contested, Celtic were the better team only in the LC final. All the others have been even or we have been the better team so this narrative about there being a huge gap is nonsense. Ange goes on about never stopping. According to the Tims I spoke to yesterday at my sons morning football they stopped weeks ago. I wonder what they'll be saying this morning?

1 hour ago, ian1964 said:

He is not the worst defender we have though! why is he subject to the most criticism? for instance Barasic is far worse, IMO.

I don't think there's much to choose between them but being the second worst fullback isn't really much of a recommendation.

2 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I think we would do well getting a fee for a 31 year old (32 next season) high earner. It just makes sense to move him on now rather than keep him on a decline. His physical and athletic ability is what makes him as a player.

Exactly