The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

58 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

I’ll wait for @compoto explain this for me.

Beats me but I can recall a conversation with the then Nottingham Forrest scout  and him telling me a story of Clough at Derby spending a lot of his board’s money on a full back only to see the full back up the field like a winger Clough not being very happy pulled him and explained that if he wanted a winger he’d have bought a fucking winger and not a full back and explained to him his job title it never happened again and said full back went on to an excellent career 

1 hour ago, Bill said:

I think it might be revealing and perhaps surprising if data was available that showed what proportion of Tavernier's crosses actually threatened the opposition goal.

There was a couple of months before the world cup where he seemed unable to put in a decent cross, match after match, which makes his nomination as POTY baffling. His crossing last season was far superior.

1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

There was a couple of months before the world cup where he seemed unable to put in a decent cross, match after match, which makes his nomination as POTY baffling. His crossing last season was far superior.

That has happened at least once before. I'm sure he had to stop taking corner kicks for a while because he was unable to get the ball beyond the near post.

I'm hoping now that seasons are starting to end, we can start annoucing signings, as many as possible before the break, or during the break at the latest so we can hit the ground running come pre-season

Not a rumour at all but I'm surprised we haven't been linked with Conor Bradley at Bolton (on loan from Liverpool) considering Beale's nous with the EFL market and contacts at LFC.

Appreciate Sterling is a done deal but a loan to buy with Bradley would be shrewd, the kids doing brilliant at Bolton and for NI.

Edited by yuddie

11 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Palma on the bench today. Possibly protecting their asset?

I also noticed Andre Grey plays up top for Aris.

Man U quoted with an interest. If true, Palma won't be anywhere near Ibrox next season 😀