The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

We all know that when Jack stays fit he's a key player in the spine of this Rangers side. Nevertheless, it's imperative central midfield is reinforced this summer to reduce the load on him and avoid further injuries. With that context this is a sensible decision.

Jack is also 'home grown', as far as I know, which helps with some regulation, or other, and, unlike a no. of other domestic products, he doesn't seem to be haun' knitted.  

Two plus points, then. 

2 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

This will please many on here but I’m not convinced. Hopefully it’s reduced terms and incentive based.

No idea what the terms of his new contract will be but I'm super delighted he will be around for a season when so many new faces will need to learn what playing for Rangers is all about.

2 hours ago, Uilleam said:

Jack is also 'home grown', as far as I know, which helps with some regulation, or other, and, unlike a no. of other domestic products, he doesn't seem to be haun' knitted.  

Two plus points, then. 

Nation trained yes. Not club trained like McGregor for example.

Hopefully the wages are much reduced so that it’s a better deal for us. I’d prefer if we’d moved on and given the place in the squad to someone who will be available for more of the season. 

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

Jack Butland agrees terms is latest rumour. 

Not sure about this. Would rather keep McCrorie as No.1, buy a cheaper option for no.2 and then the funds went to other areas of the pitch. Just hope we don't end up with a Barkas situation. 

12 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Not sure about this. Would rather keep McCrorie as No.1, buy a cheaper option for no.2 and then the funds went to other areas of the pitch. Just hope we don't end up with a Barkas situation. 

I like McCrorie but we need an experienced keeper especially for Europe. I would have no issue with us signing Butland on a free