The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

6 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I thought the latest was he was taking 60k a week and Man U to be no3? I cant keep up.

Whatever salary we end up paying Butland, it will be far too much for the backup keeper we actually need.

Simon Jones from the Daily Mail reported he's willing to work within our wage structure.

Followed Butland since his Birmingham City days as I know a few bluenoses and to be fair, he should've been England's no.1 if it wasn't for a crisis of confidence. He was brilliant for Stoke as well at times.

I could see him being brilliant for us, could really nail down the gk position for the next 4 or 5 seasons. Put it this way, he had a higher ceiling than Hart imo.

40 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I thought the latest was he was taking 60k a week and Man U to be no3? I cant keep up.

Rumours are he has accepted a huge drop in wages so one would assume he's been "promised" the No1 Jersey.

All rumours at the moment, might not be true.

I would prefer McRorie as first choice over a bloke who was good apart from a crisis of confidence.

Anyone know any ex-keepers who could give an informed opinion on McRorie?

Edited by Scott7

What's the deal with having McCrorie as number one? 

What does the guy have to do?

I understand that it is a relatively small sample size of starts.

But that guy Buttman ain't no picture of perfection either.

Plus, he is gonna want a boatload of cash.

Nah, not having it.

I say if McCrorie performs consistently well for the rest of the season give him the job. 

Get some guy in as second shirt from friggin Mudhutistan and get er done. 

Bam and bam...club is phobic about their academy talent. 

5 hours ago, Malangsob said:

What's the deal with having McCrorie as number one?

I’m asking myself the same. Perhaps given that Gerard, Gio and Beale have seen enough of him to think he’s not quite a number 1 yet. Also we don’t know the deal with Butland yet if agreed. Might only be a one or two year thing and if it turns out butland is not playing for us regularly might be a deal to let him go back down south. We shall see.

If we were going with McCrorie as #1 we would need a decent backup anyway.

14 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I would assume that ever since 2014 or the like, he's been earning serious English league cash on a weekly basis with Stoke et al. I would assume he's earned some 10m by now, so is set up for life anyway - unless he's throwing it away. At some point, people like him might be willing to take a cut in weekly wages and exchange them for a bit of glory, fame, and silverware. "Might", I say.

17 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

I would assume that ever since 2014 or the like, he's been earning serious English league cash on a weekly basis with Stoke et al. I would assume he's earned some 10m by now, so is set up for life anyway - unless he's throwing it away. At some point, people like him might be willing to take a cut in weekly wages and exchange them for a bit of glory, fame, and silverware. "Might", I say.

One can hope, and it’s the correct attitude we are looking for. So if it works out it works out, if it doesn’t as he’s chasing the cash then it’s probably for the best for us.