The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Replacing Helander like for like. Like for like in terms of of availability to play that is. With Souttar I pretty much see our number 4 as a number 3 and Davies has been unreliable for two seasons now too so I’m very uncomfortable with an injury prone and ageing Balogun being our 4th choice centre back. Standards are low if people are content with that. 

2 hours ago, DMAA said:

Replacing Helander like for like. Like for like in terms of of availability to play that is. With Souttar I pretty much see our number 4 as a number 3 and Davies has been unreliable for two seasons now too so I’m very uncomfortable with an injury prone and ageing Balogun being our 4th choice centre back. Standards are low if people are content with that. 

I'd look upon Balogun as being brought in to be our 5th choice centre half (I'd hope), and yes, I'm happy with that. We've got a player who knows the club and can hopefully do a job if called upon. Whoever we're going to have as our 5th choice will have some issues.

I doubt that there is any interest in Balogun. Letting him go last summer back-fired heavily on us, now he's had a season with a bad QPR side, although hardly being injured, played just 20odd games. At 35, he'd be a back-up emergency type of player, coach-teaching the kids some defensive tricks, but nothing more. Bags of experience at all levels though, similar to Davis. 

Daily gossip round-up:

Rangers, who have lost Leon King to injury, are in talks with fellow centre-back Leon Balogun over a one-year contract to bring the 35-year-old back to Ibrox following his release by Queens Park Rangers. (The Scottish Sun)

Feyenoord are expecting a second bid to be tabled by Rangers for Brazilian striker Danilo after an initial offer of £3.5m for the 24-year-old was rejected. (Football Scotland)

Rangers may be made to wait on a potential windfall from Bayern Munich's sale of former loanee Malik Tillman - with head coach Thomas Tuchel reportedly giving the 21-year-old midfielder a second chance with the German champions. (Daily Record)

Watford are in talks to sign 23-year-old Aris winger Luis Palma, who had been targeted by Rangers early in the summer transfer window, for an initial loan fee of £850,000 with the deal becoming permanent for £4.5m next year. (Daily Mail)

Rangers midfielder Ben Williamson is expected to join Partick Thistle on loan when the 21-year-old returns from his parent club's training camp in Germany. (The Scottish Sun)

Edited by der Berliner

3 hours ago, DMAA said:

I think injuries are going to be a major concern for our defense. 

That kid Sterling is already injured...King.

Is Goldson still banged up? 

He is starting that pattern in his career.

Souttar is always a misstep in the shower from a season ender. 

We need bolster the D. 

Balogun would be a good signing IMO. 

43 minutes ago, Devil's advocaat said:

It is expected that players get slight injuries in pre season training, they'll be working harder on fitness, and have theoretically just had a couple of weeks off. Anyone who trains for any sport will understand this. 

Balogun is a bonkers signing.

Beale has said in the past that LB is a good addition in the changing room and I can't believe that he's going to relying on LB other than for cover for one we are bit short.

35 minutes ago, Chibmark said:

Beale has said in the past that LB is a good addition in the changing room and I can't believe that he's going to relying on LB other than for cover for one we are bit short.

Aye, fair enough, he's a good pro, good influence, but primarily he's a player, a cover player.

I don't expect a cover player to be as good as a first pick, but primarily he has to be fit and ready.

That's where this signing isn't for me.