The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

To sell Colak for £2.5m would be impressive business.

Bought for around £2m (can't remember exactly)

Scores the crucial goals for Champs League qualification

Joint top scorer for the season

Sell for a similar price he was bought for at 29years old

Good business all round👏

9 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

If we can get any money for Sakala then that is great news.

The reported four million would be out of this world. Probably not going to happen for that reason.

We rejected a £4M bid last pre-season for Sakala ( from Burnley IIRC). 

Maybe we should have ditched a director of football years ago it makes you think?! On paper if the Sakala/Colak deals and Danilo go through its shrewd business. I must confess though I dont know much about Lammers/Dessers or Danilo!

32 minutes ago, Whosthedado said:

Maybe we should have ditched a director of football years ago it makes you think?! On paper if the Sakala/Colak deals and Danilo go through its shrewd business. I must confess though I dont know much about Lammers/Dessers or Danilo!

The DoF was still involved in the planning of these signings. 

4 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

The DoF was still involved in the planning of these signings. 

The most important thing is to have people who have a real eye for a player. So many ex-pros just don’t really have it, and to an extent I’d say that applies to Gerrard. McCoist too. Celtic had a great window last year without a DoF because their manager had an eye for a player. We had an experienced DoF and had several consecutive poor windows. 

5 minutes ago, DMAA said:

The most important thing is to have people who have a real eye for a player. So many ex-pros just don’t really have it, and to an extent I’d say that applies to Gerrard. McCoist too. Celtic had a great window last year without a DoF because their manager had an eye for a player. We had an experienced DoF and had several consecutive poor windows. 

I agree, but as I've argued before, I believe that our DoF doesn't have enough power in that situation. He leaves it to the manager too often, hence the hodgepodge of players we've signed by our managers.

It's alright when it works (e.g. Ange), but it's not sustainable, for me.  

The ideal situation would be to have a DoF with a great eye for a player, and then let them get on with the recruitment, irrespective of temporary managers... IMO, of course.  

I did not see much of Colak, but I don't think selling Sakala is a good idea. At least now. You have two new strikers, possibly 3. Sakala can play aß a single Striker, but was better playing right. Always active, direct and shot at every opportunity. I would keep him, at least for the Champions League qualification.

16 minutes ago, Idisi said:

I did not see much of Colak, but I don't think selling Sakala is a good idea. At least now. You have two new strikers, possibly 3. Sakala can play aß a single Striker, but was better playing right. Always active, direct and shot at every opportunity. I would keep him, at least for the Champions League qualification.

If it's a choice between keeping him or selling him for £4m and bringing in Danilo then I'd go for the latter. From the little I know Danilo is an upgrade on Sakala.