The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Beale didn't fancy Colak, so we're better off taking a decent fee for him.  

I like him and he's a decent goalscorer but I don't think he fits the way Beale wants to set up, so quite happy for the funds to come in and be used on someone else.  

However Colak has now gone & we move on.

We have to hope Dessers (& maybe Danilo if we get him) can get the goals up front we didn’t always get last season.

I do think we will need another GK if( as now seems likely) McCrorie leaves and we still need another CB which could be Panzo if we can do a deal with Nottingham Forest if they’re wanting Barasic 

I think we’re far from finished in this transfer window 

I think we need to be careful not to think we can or must solve all our problems in one transfer window. While it was absolutely necessary to make a large number of signings this summer, there may even be some advantages in spreading any further signings. 

We all agreed that we required an upgrade in the squad / starting 11 and we've seen some welcome additions over the summer, with hopefully more to come. 

However, it would have been naive to think that this wouldn't result in players moving on. We have invested heavily in the final 3rd and if Danilo is signed, we have some great options. 

Colak and Fashion if he leaves are victims of us upgrading. There will more players leaving and more arriving. That's a positive in my opinion. 

Edited by CammyF

Since we returned to the top flight in 2016 we’ve won just one title & one SC

That needs to change.

since MB took over at the end of last year he’s realised that many of the playing squad he inherited won’t improve on our record since 2016.

Hence the ongoing necessary changes to the playing squad to improve our poor current domestic record