The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

41 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Only a random on twitter but I’m taking it:

Reminds me of when I went to the Chevy dealer and offered them 25K for that new Corvette....they haven't called back for some reason. 

We need to sell a couple guys before we can handle that tab. 

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

It's not the results. 

It's the complete lack of a style of play. 

At Hoffenheim, our last public pre-season game, you would like to see a starting line-up and tactic for the next few weeks. Once the CL qualifiers happen by, we need a settled team.

2 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

At Hoffenheim, our last public pre-season game, you would like to see a starting line-up and tactic for the next few weeks. Once the CL qualifiers happen by, we need a settled team.

I expected to see that against Olympiacos, which is probably why I'm so disappointed. 

1 hour ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Only a random on twitter but I’m taking it:

That's the problem with trying to buy from a top EPL team. He may well be worth £5-7m to Arsenal.

Surely there's got to be better value in Europe somewhere?

However I've just had a look at his Wiki and I hadn't realised he is 24, a US internationalist and was Birmingham's POTY last season. £2 million? Seems very light.

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

I expected to see that against Olympiacos, which is probably why I'm so disappointed. 

You are not alone there. Perhaps we just throw in something like "bad day at the office" to make us feel a little better ...

2 hours ago, Bluedell said:

That's the problem with trying to buy from a top EPL team. He may well be worth £5-7m to Arsenal.

Surely there's got to be better value in Europe somewhere?

However I've just had a look at his Wiki and I hadn't realised he is 24, a US internationalist and was Birmingham's POTY last season. £2 million? Seems very light.

Trusty is a very decent defender and if Arsenal were / are looking to move him on, £7M is what you'd expect them to want. 

Let's face it, if Birmingham wanted to buy him, Arsenal would look and get £7M for him. 

Bit of a strange one, Fulham have just bid £4m for Callum Hudson-Odoi, Chelsea rejected £70 odd million for him a few years back.

If you keep buying scarred players eventually some of them just won't come good but still, he was brilliant when he broke through initially.

Would you take a hypothetical punt on him for £4m? 22 years old, England International with prem and European experience.