The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

5 minutes ago, compo said:

I seem to remember it took time for McCoist to  settle in maybe the lad will come good 

I also seem to remember we won precious little while we were waiting for McCoist to come good. Do we really want to repeat that?

12 hours ago, Scott7 said:

I like Sakala. Like McCoist he misses plenty but like McCoist he’s there to miss them and like McCoist he never shirks. If he could just get his conversion rate somewhere near McCoist’s all would be well but Rangers couldn’t afford to keep him if that happened.

Ach well, he's only 26. By the time he gets to the age at which McCoist quit, he might have scored 200 more goals for us 🙂

I think we've seen enough of Sakala to form an opinion on him.  There are good and bad points - he's a decent squad player but I'd be hoping for better players in our regular starting XI.

16 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I think we've seen enough of Sakala to form an opinion on him.  There are good and bad points - he's a decent squad player but I'd be hoping for better players in our regular starting XI.

Fully agree, but my definition of squad player would be someone getting 2000 minutes a season e.g. 20 odd 90 minutes worth. I think that's ideal over 60 games but do other fans? I think more wouldn't than would.

There's a wider point to trusting the squad in there somewhere.

I get the McCoist comparison but comparing football today with patterns from nearly 40 years ago is pointless. Players (and especially strikers) have to hit the ground running. For example, McCoist and Hatley would have been binned today if he started like they did. Even Sir Alex Ferguson wouldn't have become the legend he became at Man Utd. No Man Utd manager I'd going to 7 years without winning the title.

14 minutes ago, Graeme Ro55 said:

Without Sakala we would have been beaten by a pretty poor Hamburg side. 1 goal 1 pen. 

... and on another day, we might have horsed them 7-1, given the chances we missed. It's July still and if it was mid-September and we continue like Saturday (or, indeed, much of last season), I'd be worried. 

9 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

... and on another day, we might have horsed them 7-1, given the chances we missed. It's July still and if it was mid-September and we continue like Saturday (or, indeed, much of last season), I'd be worried. 

Did we really miss that many chances on the weekend ?

Danilo counts on leaving for Rangers: almost 7 million

MARCEL VAN DER KRAAN

ROTTERDAM - Danilo can earn 45,000 euros a week at the Scottish Rangers, which is more than double his current salary at Feyenoord. That explains why the 24-year-old striker is eager to move to the Scottish top club. And that departure will almost certainly come this 
Rangers made a 'take it or leave it' offer on Sunday afternoon, which goes towards seven million euros. It is the last attempt by the Scots to incorporate Danilo and it could well succeed, because Feyenoord has interesting players in other positions and also thinks it can fill the striker position behind Santiago Gimenez.

Feyenoord will put their heads together on Monday, when everyone is back at the training complex, to discuss Rangers' offer. But it is clear that Danilo has also set his sights on a departure and is also counting on Feyenoord to let him go now.

Outside base eleven
Last Saturday, he was not included in the starting eleven by trainer Arne Slot against the German Hoffenheim, while Gimenez is still on holiday and was not part of the selection in Austria.

The transfer troubles surrounding Danilo led to the young Newcastle United mercenary Yankuba Minteh starting at the forefront, alongside Javairo Dilrosun and Paixao. Rangers must buy out Danilo's contract, which runs until 2026.

Feyenoord is linked to attackers Sydney van Hooijdonk and Japanese striker Ayase Ueda from Cercle Brugge. But it also still has serious plans with Dinamo Zagreb's Croatia international Luka Ivanusec, who was reviewed against Hajduk Split on Friday night and looks like an actual reinforcement.