The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

3 minutes ago, yuddie said:

Geniune question, would Danilo score or make anymore goals than Sakala would if he was first choice? If Sakala had been in the first team under Beale since the start of last season he'd be knocking on for 30 g/a in the league if I've got it right.

My maths might be wrong but...

His p90 in the league since Beale for g/a is 1.1.

He played 18 games totalling 1,111 minutes.

He was available for 13 games prior to Beale excluding injury so I multiplied the 1,111 minutes by 0.72 13/18 which would be 799minutes/8.8 games.

Then 8.8 x 1.1 (his p90 for Beale) and it's 9.7.

Add that to the 16 he got under Beale and you're looking at a hypothetical 26 g/a in 1,910 minutes I.e 21 full 90's. That's just in the league.

People sleep on Fashion man, he was the difference yesterday but people are talking about Dowell and Ridvan who to be fair were good.

I might be howling but I fully believe if you start with Sakala and a another striker this season, in the league at least, he'll get 20 goals no problem.

Maths might be iffy, apologies if it is.

Stats are wonderful aren't they. We all slated Fashion for those two open goals against Celtic, now we're "wondering" if we are right in signing Danilo.

We wanted rid of the current squad yet question MB on who he's signing to replace players who we deemed as "not good enough" and 'serial losers". Seems MB can't win. 

IiRC Danilo scored 15 goals in 33 appearances for Feyenoord last season and has scored 2 or 3 already this pre-season. 

Personally I can't wait to see Danilo in our team.

I like Sakala. Like McCoist he misses plenty but like McCoist he’s there to miss them and like McCoist he never shirks. If he could just get his conversion rate somewhere near McCoist’s all would be well but Rangers couldn’t afford to keep him if that happened.

10 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

I like Sakala. Like McCoist he misses plenty but like McCoist he’s there to miss them and like McCoist he never shirks. If he could just get his conversion rate somewhere near McCoist’s all would be well but Rangers couldn’t afford to keep him if that happened.

Sakala isn’t in the same league as McCoist. Maybe one day but I very much doubt it. 

11 hours ago, CammyF said:

Stats are wonderful aren't they. We all slated Fashion for those two open goals against Celtic, now we're "wondering" if we are right in signing Danilo.

Of course we slated him. He missed an open goal and we lost the game. Any player in the world would get slated if they missed an open goal and then lost the game. 

The point is: you don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. 

I think Sakala is underrated. A missed goal is overshadowing what is a very effective wee player. I would love to keep him.

However, if someone bids £4-5M for him, I'd snap their hand off.