The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

42 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Not allowed. You must ignore all evidence and blindly look forward to him turning it around based on nothing but the month of the year and that the other mob don’t like him or something.

You do have a tendency to run amok with a complete over-simplification of the situation and seem determined to twist the comments of others until it becomes about you being denied the right to express a negative opinion about Beale ... when no one has said any such thing. The point that's actually being made is about the intemperate way you and some others have been going about it, which comes across as a wild and adolescent knee jerk reaction. 

I've seen too many seasons when we started badly to believe the rest of the season hangs on one bad performance. Not one word of your rants will make a difference to what happens next. Try calming down a little because you already must know that Beale will be going nowhere.

7 minutes ago, Bill said:

You do have a tendency to run amok with a complete over-simplification of the situation and seem determined to twist the comments of others until it becomes about you being denied the right to express a negative opinion about Beale ... when no one has said any such thing. The point that's actually being made is about the intemperate way you and some others have been going about it, which comes across as a wild and adolescent knee jerk reaction. 

I've seen too many seasons when we started badly to believe the rest of the season hangs on one bad performance. Not one word of your rants will make a difference to what happens next. Try calming down a little because you already must know that Beale will be going nowhere.

I'm pretty calm about it. Absolutely nothing to be getting excited about that's for sure. 

Yes I keep it simple.

You can call it a knee jerk reaction. I suppose it comes down to interpretation. I've had 8/9 months to watch plenty of games and come to a conclusion. It seems that is not enough time to judge in your opinion and that's fine. This is a forum for airing opinons.

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats

If Beale starts winning from now up to the Celtic game and beats them, that lot will go ape shit and will be calling for Rodgers head and could derail their season from the off, winning the league most of time comes down to beating them and them beating us because it breeds negativity within the club after losing the confidence drops and questions start getting asked about players, Beale just needs to win to build momentum up to the old firm that is the bare minimum win scruffy 1 nils I could not care there can be no more dropping points up to the old firm game otherwise fans will turn and our season could be derailed. I believe beale is good enough but I think the players are not in sync in attacking the fluidity he wants is not on show and I think that is a belief thing within the players themselves.

1 hour ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I'm pretty calm about it. Absolutely nothing to be getting excited about that's for sure. 

Yes I keep it simple.

You can call it a knee jerk reaction. I suppose it comes down to interpretation. I've had 8/9 months to watch plenty of games and come to a conclusion. It seems that is not enough time to judge in your opinion and that's fine. This is a forum for airing opinons.

You've had one game, that's all. You can't call for wholesale changes to the squad and then, when you get them, pretend nothing has changed for 9 months. That was then, this is now and the future may be an entirely different place. Equilibrium is what we need right now, not crazy reactions. That's me airing an opinion btw.

9 hours ago, Bill said:

You've had one game, that's all. You can't call for wholesale changes to the squad and then, when you get them, pretend nothing has changed for 9 months. That was then, this is now and the future may be an entirely different place. Equilibrium is what we need right now, not crazy reactions. That's me airing an opinion btw.

Your last 2 posts have been 100% about my opinion or my posting style but have made 0 points about any positives on the park other than wait and see, it’s too soon, you’re simplifying it, it’s adolescent, it’s crazy etc. You and others seem to be fixated on this ‘one game’ but truth is there have been much more than that, albeit with a few different players. 

Not the team shape looks good, the forward line looks sharp, there is a

definite game plan here we can see what they are trying to do. The defence looks solid, our injury issues look over with, we have cut out the stupid defensive errors, we play with an urgency and temp that teams will struggle with. 

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats

12 hours ago, Bill said:

You've changed Bill

Snatched from BBC

Zambia forward Fashion Sakala has revealed that he is leaving Rangers "with a heavy heart, yet a spirit of gratitude".

The 26-year-old, who joined Rangers from Oostende in 2021, has been linked with a move to Saudi Arabia.

And he was left out of Michael Beale's Champions League qualifying squad.

Now the forward, who is under contract until summer 2025, has penned an emotional goodbye to Rangers fans on Instagram.

The Ibrox club have yet to confirm the departure, but Sakala said: "Today marks the end of an unforgettable chapter in my life. I bid farewell to this esteemed club.

"When I first joined Rangers, I could have never imagined the profound impact this club and its community would have on my life."

Sakala, who made 91 appearances for Rangers and scored 24 goals, said the "sense of belonging" he derived from being welcomed at Ibrox was "the driving force behind my performances on the pitch".

He goes on to thank the "entire management and staff" and the club's fans, adding that he will "always be a Ranger at heart".

👍