[FT] Rangers 1 (Cantwell 65') - 0 Aberdeen

3 minutes ago, D'Artagnan said:

Great to see Todd's goal, his ist which was not subject to a VAR check - an absolute peach, delighted for the boy

Great to see you back on the forum mate... :)

13 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Interesting debate about Beale's comments on Morelos yesterday. After another underwhelming contribution from Sakala, I do wonder if this was a throw of the dice from Beale to get a reaction and one last big hour out of Morelos from the start this weekend. Seems the only logical explanation for me.

He publicly threw Morelos under the bus, which was out of order, and may not go down well within the dressing room. 

I don't see how he can pick Morelos again after that and don't think it was to get a reaction. 

3 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

He publicly threw Morelos under the bus, which was out of order, and may not go down well within the dressing room. 

I don't see how he can pick Morelos again after that and don't think it was to get a reaction. 

Depends what the perspective of Morelos is in the dressing room tbh.

Is it just me or is it utterly depressing to see a new up and coming manager like Barry Robson turn out to be a total footballing dinosaur. I mean real Steve Clark vibes about his team and their style of play. 

Absolutely grim watching Aberdeen. Godwin might have been a trumpet but at least he wanted to play football.

38 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Biggest positive for me yesterday was Ridvan who really grew into the game and did very well after a quiet first 10 or 15mins.

A very different type of player to Barisic and someone I think could be very useful if we can adapt to his strengths.

Agree but it was quite polarising. Many thought he was rubbish.

My hope is that he turns out to be a better defender than Barisic which shouldn’t be difficult.

Hard to judge yesterday as Aberdeen were barely interested getting out their half barring the odd break and the last ten mins.

12 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Morelos and Kent should have been consigned to the bin long ago I think those two downed tools long ago I would Hope someone at the new board level sees this because in my opinion those two should be joined by Beale and given the heave ho .

16 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Beale talks too much at pressers.  Someone at the club should tell him to take deep breaths and edit his comments.

7 minutes ago, compo said:

Morelos and Kent should have been consigned to the bin long ago I think those two downed tools long ago I would Hope someone at the new board level sees this because in my opinion those two should be joined by Beale and given the heave ho .

Are you honestly saying Beale should go?

I think Beale is only saying what we all thought already. Morelos has let the team down so many times, with his on field behaviour. Kent is just a ghost of a player now. I do wonder if the pair of them are afraid to get injured in what could scupper their next move.

I would also add that maybe by Beale being public in his comments about them, that it's a shot across the bow for other underperforming players. Eg get yer shit together or your out.

I only hope that that he gets backing from our very silent board to do this!

1 hour ago, D'Artagnan said:

Great to see Todd's goal, his ist which was not subject to a VAR check - an absolute peach, delighted for the boy

It used to be Cactusville and it's foremost denizens, Desperate Dan and Dawg devouring Cow Pie made more news than Dundee. These days, Dundee and the silvery Tay is the very centre of Scottish public life. Humza Useless has one less dimension than Desperate Dan, Shona is on her third/forth husband, Stewart Hosie has more bairns than Idi Amin, Joe Fitzpatrick lives a quiet non-scene life and, Jum Spence continues to lead the red biretta revolution from his scratcher.

We need a Dundee Diarist to keep Gersnet abreast of going on within Clootie City.