Cantwell contract

Just now, Malangsob said:

What? The guy had a good half of a season and he is already gone to Burnley?

Bassey had a good half a season and went to Ajax for a big fee. 

It's a rumour that we're discussing.

Obviously I'd like Cantwell to stay. However, thinking about this practically we all know there is a substantial rebuild required. The rumour is we've signed Dowell who is a similar type of player. If Cantwell were to go now for a large sum then financially it would be an incredible deal. Football wise it may allow for us to do a complete rebuild of the squad, and we potentially have already signed his replacement.

obviously I don't want good players to leave, but equally we need to take a good profit when we can, otherwise it really hurts us long term.

Edited by PoohBear

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

Bassey had a good half a season and went to Ajax for a big fee. 

It's a rumour that we're discussing.

Respect your opinion Gonz...but not same same GI.

Bassey had a good European run...whole other ball a wax. 

Todd has scored a few against a few SPL teams (too lazy to check) and the scum. 

Discussion is good though.

Just every time somebody starts playin above room temp people start actin like their GF is gettin stolen.

All that shit for Morelos, Kent...Haji...just that. 

As you were. 

Cantwell’s influence & importance is growing at Rangers since he signed. It’s just a pity we didn’t get him at the beginning of January instead of at the end of January.

My big concern is that our ex-DoF has put some sort of release clause into his contract making it easy for someone to sign him from us

25 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Cantwell’s influence & importance is growing at Rangers since he signed. It’s just a pity we didn’t get him at the beginning of January instead of at the end of January.

My big concern is that our ex-DoF has put some sort of release clause into his contract making it easy for someone to sign him from us

Jesus, did you have to say that? 

sad homer simpson GIF

9 hours ago, PoohBear said:

Obviously I'd like Cantwell to stay. However, thinking about this practically we all know there is a substantial rebuild required. The rumour is we've signed Dowell who is a similar type of player. If Cantwell were to go now for a large sum then financially it would be an incredible deal. Football wise it may allow for us to do a complete rebuild of the squad, and we potentially have already signed his replacement.

obviously I don't want good players to leave, but equally we need to take a good profit when we can, otherwise it really hurts us long term.

He will need to show consistency over a season, not a few months.  We will have the opportunity to see how he does in Europe and in the domestic cups.  Selling him at this stage would bring in minimum cash.  We would be mad to do it.

21 hours ago, Malangsob said:

Respect your opinion Gonz...but not same same GI.

Bassey had a good European run...whole other ball a wax. 

Todd has scored a few against a few SPL teams (too lazy to check) and the scum. 

Discussion is good though.

Just every time somebody starts playin above room temp people start actin like their GF is gettin stolen.

All that shit for Morelos, Kent...Haji...just that. 

As you were. 

Morelos - 44 games (2,200 mins) - 12 goals - 7 assists

Kent - 44 games (3,670 mins) - 3 goals - 10 assists

Cantwell - 17 games (2,223 mins) - 4 goals - 5 assists

Edited by der Berliner

8 minutes ago, Graeme Ro55 said:

Could you expand on this a little please Rab ?

What he means is, 'I don't like the DoF, so I'm going to make up anything I can to criticise him and question the whole DoF structure even if every elite side in world football uses one.'