Fashion Sakala: Awful or useful?

• Frankie changed the title to Fashion Sakala: Awful or useful?

We can't change every under-performing player in the summer so Sakala may be one that's worth keeping for another season as, despite his obvious short-comings, he does contribute in a positive sense more often than some.

Because of that he does have some reasonable transfer value as well so may well be moved on sooner rather than later.

He's both awful and useful. Had a good game at the weekend though.

If an offer for £3m+ came in for him, I'd snap your hand off for it, but I'll not lose any sleep if we keep him as a squad player for next season.

He might not become a cult figure like Nacho Novo, but essentially plays in a similar role with similar effect:

Nacho Novo - Games: 228 - Goals: 62 - Assists: 21

Fashion Sakala - Games: 88 - Goals: 21 - Assists: 15

... and IIRC, Novo hardly faced the brickwall attitude that we see nowadays with Scottish teams. He sure is one of these "attackers" that are not a typical centre-forward type, but has been rather effective on the right side of our attack than most players out there for the best part of three seasons. Only Cantwell has outshone his contributions in terms of goals, assists, and goal involvements this year. I'd even go as far as saying that without these two players, the year 2023 would have been a far more dire affair indeed.

He's got a contract till 2025 and I for one hope that he stays for at least this long. 

7 hours ago, der Berliner said:

He might not become a cult figure like Nacho Novo, but essentially plays in a similar role with similar effect:

Nacho Novo - Games: 228 - Goals: 62 - Assists: 21

Fashion Sakala - Games: 88 - Goals: 21 - Assists: 15

... and IIRC, Novo hardly faced the brickwall attitude that we see nowadays with Scottish teams. He sure is one of these "attackers" that are not a typical centre-forward type, but has been rather effective on the right side of our attack than most players out there for the best part of three seasons. Only Cantwell has outshone his contributions in terms of goals, assists, and goal involvements this year. I'd even go as far as saying that without these two players, the year 2023 would have been a far more dire affair indeed.

He's got a contract till 2025 and I for one hope that he stays for at least this long. 

God, that's a poor return for Novo tbh.