Pre-Season Matches

9 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Apologies if this has been posted but I noticed that Dessers played no part on the 2-0 win in Germany. Was any particular reason given for his absence? 

left his zimmerframe back at the hotel...

Looked at the team and staff photo from the trip and I could've sworn I've seen Sima listed as 6'2 on websites? For reference Lammers is listed as 6'3 and probably looks it in this pic. Sima looks shorter than Dessers in this so I'd say he's probably 6 nothing, even Leon King looks taller.

Not too arsed but was surprised at how short he looked compared to the others.

I'll include a close up I found on my feed, he's next to the lad circled.

20230716_151612.thumb.jpg.4e9aa38b856f3d2c586420091625f743.jpg

On 15/07/2023 at 10:14, Rousseau said:

I'm waiting for @JohnMc to come along and tell us that, in fact, Bailey Rice is p*sh and won't make it before I get on the hype wagon.

Wait Goodbye GIF by Silicon Valley

I've not seen that much of him, but what I have seen of him suggests he's got a real chance. He's clearly got ability and a decent reading of the game and he seems to have his head screwed on. I know Motherwell were really disappointed to lose him. He was the best player on the pitch in the cup final against Celtic at the end of last season despite being one of the youngest playing. 

The small caveat I'd make is he has the physique of a grown man. That's a huge advantage in age group football, it really helps a young player stand out if they're physically stronger than pretty much every other player on the pitch. It will allow him to move on to 'adult' football quickly . Rangers haven't been good at nurturing the talent in the youth teams, so that's against him, but it would be fantastic if he made an impact this season. 

39 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

The Broomloan Collective/Union Bears have asked everyone to wear blue for the Newcastle and Hamburg matches. 

Power Rangers Reaction GIF

They haven't asked me. Perhaps they know my answer in advance.