Why are we holding on to an injured Steven Davis?

Why are we holding on to an injured Steven Davis whose contract ends in June? He’s 38.5 years now, even with a full recovery it’s very unlikely he would get much game time especially as we are signing more players. Is he destined for a coaching job with us?

What happens next month, do we extend his contract?

Edited by BEARGER

58 minutes ago, BEARGER said:

Why are we holding on to an injured Steven Davis whose contract ends in June? He’s 38.5 years now, even with a full recovery it’s very unlikely he would get much game time especially as we are signing more players. Is he destined for a coaching job with us?

What happens next month, do we extend his contract?

I think it said we were helping him get fit, when it was announced which players were leaving. 

• Rousseau changed the title to Why are we holding on to an injured Steven Davis?

Michael Beale explained the reasons behind it during a recent press conference. Rangers as a club have decided to back / help SD in his attempt to get fit then a decision will be made. I'm assuming he'll join the Academy as a coach. 

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Because he's a Loyal Ulsterman, obviously.   

Whose granny is the very same age as those of one or two influential board members, and executives. 

Edited by Uilleam

Pretty sure Davis prefers the South Coast than Glasgow purely to live so I could see him working at Southampton's academy.

It would be remiss of the club to punt a hall of famer (and in my opinion a bonified rangers great nevermind modern) when he's in rehab.

That's not Rangers class or standards.