The news we didn't want...

• Rousseau changed the title to The news we didn't want...

So, they will miss pre-season training, be out ‘til October, play three games, have a recurrence of injury sustained on international duty, require surgery and make a couple of appearances before the end of the season but not enough to qualify for runners-up medals.

You would think they would learn from past experience but putting your country before your career? I suppose that’s commendable isn’t it?

Knowing our luck...

"Jack tore both calves while doing sprints up sands dunes under Clarke's instruction and John Souttar ruptured his Achilles while trying to help him up. Both will now miss the full season."

46 minutes ago, compo said:

All someone has to do is phone Clarke and say the two lads have a tight hamstring end of story big Stein did it for years 

I think the national teams would take them in and do there own fitness tests these days, or at least that's what I've read/heard in passing.

Ryan Jack would prolong his career by a few years if he retired from intl duty. Examples being Scholes and Milner for England, both retired around 30 and kept playing at the top of the Premier League past 35.

I think if it was 10 years ago he would but considering how it would be difficult for Scotland to not qualify for major tournaments with the nations league and tournament expansions he probably wants to be part of this renaissance for his country. Can't say I blame him.