Beckham quits captainacy

Bold decision from Beckham and probably the right one. I actually think with the pressure off him he could do a better job just playing football now. But it could also see him losing his regular place.

Contenders for next captain Colshy??

Terry

Ferdinand

Gerrard

I prefer a captain to be a defender so would give it to Terry but he was a shadow of the Terry we saw in the EPL in the last 2 years. Gerrard would be an equally good captain.

Watched the press conference. Just took the flak away from Erikson imo. Beckham shouldnt have been captain for the last year. As poorly as Terry played I think he'll be automatic choice

Gary Neville will become the new captain.

Has he retired from international football or just retired from captaining them?

I thought about Neville but they will look at Terry for the long term and he;s younger.

Becks is still playing on coz he wants to get to 100 caps.

He was only an automatic choice because he was captain. His form certainly doesn't merit a starting position so I would expect Becks to start from the bench and probably retire from international football before the next European Championships.