[FT] Rangers 1 (Tavernier 52pen) - 3 Olympiacos

Just now, DMAA said:

A bit of bad luck about the goal. It’s no coincidence that it came after a spell of Olympiacos moving the ball really well from side to side and stretching us though. Not great from Davies with the missed clearance. 

Lammers, Souttar and Davies look good. Cantwell in flashes. Not sure anyone else has shown much?

Raskin. 

Disappointing first half. We remain disjointed in our play and still lacking that understanding that will take time to develop with new players. Very early days but food for though for the manager. 

In terms of individuals, Dessers clearly lacking sharpness, Sima underwhelming and Cantwell struggling to get into the game. Impressed with Lammers again though but he's another that doesn't seem to know where he should ne playing.

Just now, Sutton_blows_goats said:

We will win nothing with the Ben Davies Borna Barisic combo at the back.

Davies failed to clear his lines again costing us a goal.

Surely there’s a Saudi club looking for a big suave cb with a great left foot that can’t defend.

Goal came from Tav and Cantwell not marking their men and letting them run off them and not stoppimg the cross. But easier to blame Davies and Borna I suppose rather than those really at fault. 

I don't mind the setup and what they're trying to do but just need to commit to it 100%.

And I'm sorry but Barisic is fucking mince, he could put in an absolute worldie of a ball but still look like a schoolboy unfamiliar with how his own body moves and the angles on a football pitch.

2 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Maybe I am - he hasn't been any worse than most of our players. A very disjointed and disappointing performance thus far. 

Feels like the first game any of these guys have ever played, so I agree, very disjointed and uninspiring first half. BTW, Barisic has been utter shite, shadow of the player a few seasons ago. 

2 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Disappointing first half. We remain disjointed in our play and still lacking that understanding that will take time to develop with new players. Very early days but food for though for the manager. 

In terms of individuals, Dessers clearly lacking sharpness, Sima underwhelming and Cantwell struggling to get into the game. Impressed with Lammers again though but he's another that doesn't seem to know where he should ne playing.

Yeh, we need to get Dessers up to speed asap. Fortunately, Danilo will be coming fully match fit I believe. 

You have to give it to MB that he has selected high-caliber opposition to get his squad into shape. Good early pressure from us and what a strike from Raskin. After that Olympiakos came into the game and it was more or less even. IMHO, Dowell and Davies, along with Borna haven't really impressed me thus far tonight. Balance up top and AM doesn't look right, we'll see what MB will do.

6 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Goal came from Tav and Cantwell not marking their men and letting them run off them and not stoppimg the cross. But easier to blame Davies and Borna I suppose rather than those really at fault. 

All of these things are true but the biggest culprit was Davies botching his clearance. 

4 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Yeh, we need to get Dessers up to speed asap. Fortunately, Danilo will be coming fully match fit I believe. 

Danilo has played in most, if not all of Feyenoord's pre-season games scoring 2 goals (I believe).