[FT] Hoffenheim 2 - 2 Rangers (Tavernier 57' pen; Lammers 63')

20 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Unfortunately, we badly lack stability when he doesn’t play. The defence is far better protected when he plays. I think our defence has been hung out to dry a bit in preseason by the tactics and player selection in midfield. They’ve offered no protection to the defence. 

Jack is still the one player in the squad who cannot be replicated, either in function or ability.

11 hours ago, Ted McMinnime said:

Having watched today's game, like nearly all other posts on here, it was a frustrating afternoon. However, I have just reflected on all three of the interviews above and the honesty and positive vibes that came from all 3. First up, Dessers, who states he is not nearly match fit yet and explains why. He sports a lovely black eye for his efforts. There is clearly much more to come from him. Butland also puts a very positive spin on the game and says how much he enjoyed it. Lastly Beale explains how the game plan was hijacked by late call offs to CB's. We also finished the game without a CB!

The most important message for me was all three confirmed it was a pre season test, deliberately set against high quality opposition. As supporters, sometimes we expect too much too soon. I get a vibe of real togetherness in the squad, there are early signs of increased squad quality.  All seem eager to embrace the challenge ahead. I, for one, will try to remain positive. I really am looking forward to this one. Let us hope it's special!:rfc:

Thanks.  You are absolutely correct.

12 hours ago, DMAA said:

Unfortunately, we badly lack stability when he doesn’t play. The defence is far better protected when he plays. I think our defence has been hung out to dry a bit in preseason by the tactics and player selection in midfield. They’ve offered no protection to the defence. 

Nor have they supported the attackers.

1 hour ago, the gunslinger said:

we are struggling down our left without kent in there working hard as fuck as he always did. 

apart from the last six months of last season when he looked like he couldn't give a flying duck

Pining after old wingers, who really weren't up to scratch, is de rigueur on here.  

I'm so glad I won't have to watch Candeias putting in a woeful cross or Kent doing a wee fancy trick before passing it back to Barisic ever again.  

2 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

we are struggling down our left without kent in there working hard as fuck as he always did. 

We now have little or no options in wide areas up front

Kent’s gone, Wrights about to go leaving just Matondo whom I wouldn’t think has much of a future at Rangers.

Not sure Sima is a wide player

Edited by RANGERRAB