[FT] Rangers 4 (Lammers 10'; Danilo 78'; Sima 84'; Dowell 90') - 0 Livingston

43 minutes ago, Bill said:

With the number of games coming up, we need to ring changes or we'll be back into wholesale injuries again. Players like Hagi and Roofe are proven commodities and should never be considered a selection risk. With Servette in mind I would try to rest Jack and Lammers. There's no point continuing with crosses from fullbacks, everyone sussed that out long ago.

Butland

Sterling - Souttar - Goldson - Yilmaz

Cifu

Hagi                          Raskin

Cantwell

Roofe - Danilo

We're always going to have lots of games at this point of the season but IMO this is not the time to be making change after change in each game to allow for this. We need 3 pts on Saturday or we are putting ourselves under a mountain of pressure this early in the season. By all means give people game time vs Morton in the LC but for me it's the same XI that beat Servette. Put the game to bed then make the relevant changes. We need to stop playing like we are waiting for things to happen. Celtic put teams away in the first half and then have the luxury of being able to change formations/players etc. There's no reason why we shouldn't.

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

44 minutes ago, Bill said:

With the number of games coming up, we need to ring changes or we'll be back into wholesale injuries again. Players like Hagi and Roofe are proven commodities and should never be considered a selection risk. With Servette in mind I would try to rest Jack and Lammers. There's no point continuing with crosses from fullbacks, everyone sussed that out long ago.

Butland

Sterling - Souttar - Goldson - Yilmaz

Cifu

Hagi                          Raskin

Cantwell

Roofe - Danilo

100% this is the starting 11 for me, when Jack is rested. We know Tav will not be dropped, however, we should be testing Sterling in the RB role, so we should at least give him 30 mins each game and see how it goes, otherwise what is the point in signing him? As for Yilmaz, he needs to be given a run of games to prove himself, which he hasn't done yet. I thought Beale said he'll be ready fro selection for the Morton game? Or was that someone else...

5 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

We're always going to have lots of games at this point of the season but IMO this is not the time to be making change after change in each game to allow for this. We need 3 pts on Saturday or we are putting ourselves under a mountain of pressure this early in the season. By all means give people game time vs Morton in the LC but for me it's the same XI that beat Servette. Put the game to bed then make the relevant changes. We need to stop playing like we are waiting for things to happen. Celtic put teams away in the first half and then have the luxury of being able to change formations/players etc. There's no reason why we shouldn't.

Why are you so sure that sending out the same line up week after week is going to deliver what you want?

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

Why are you so sure that sending out the same line up week after week is going to deliver what you want?

I'm not sure but if these players are going to gel they need consistency of selection IMO. The victory against Servette is all we can build from this season as at least there were signs of progress. Was it perfect? No where near but we can't keep juggling teams until we find the answer. We won on Wednesday and should have won by more. That's our springboard for the season. 3 points against Livi is the next step with that. Teams and managers that constantly tinker too much win FA in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I'm not sure but if these players are going to gel they need consistency of selection IMO. The victory against Servette is all we can build from this season as at least there were signs of progress. Was it perfect? No where near but we can't keep juggling teams until we find the answer. We won on Wednesday and should have won by more. That's our springboard for the season. 3 points against Livi is the next step with that. Teams and managers that constantly tinker too much win FA in my opinion. 

I know what you mean but how do you know it's the right players who are gelling unless you give others a chance? Unless you shuffle the pack on a regular basis, you're just limiting your options and maybe keeping second bests in the team. That's what we've been doing for years and using a shallow quality pool as an excuse. Time to move on.

4 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Same team as Wednesday for me. Consistency of selection will help this team gel IMO. (no shit Sherlock...) High tempo and on the front foot from the first whistle. No excuses. No sideways football. No subs until your first picks have put the game to bed. Easy.

I get that but I do hope we use the squad in the next couple of weeks in the lead up to the OF.

I'd be happy to see 2 or 3 changes for this game; like Dowell, Cifuentes and Sima for example.

We've seen the impacts of what rinsing players over a 60 game season can do, just look at Tav. We've got the numbers and quality in midfield to attack to rotate in this league, we should be comfortable doing it as a fanbase.

That's a reason why I wouldn't have let Sakala go, with so many new players unproven in Scotland he was a rotation option who guarantees goals and Assists over a season, crucial with the domestic-European schedule.

But definitely stick with your best and key players in the big games.

Pep's Man City?

The infamous Pep Roulette and fantasy football, he's a nightmare.

Also, I think Arsenal just running their 'best' XI week after week in the prem probably cost them a bit in the end with fatigue and injuries, like I say - for the big key games get your best players on the park but we've got the squad to rotate in Scotland, we should be comfortable doing it.

And need to with the schedule - December looks horrific, I don't want the team being ragged until then.