[FT] Rangers 2 (Dessers 60' pen; Danilo 68') - 1 Morton

Tamundo - Running gag - OK.

Tav - short for Tavernier, fine. 

Shifu (after the Kung-Fu Panda character) and a variation of Cifu - trying to spread it myself - fine.

BUT McRORIE IS NOT HIS NAME!

It's McCrorie.

McCrorie!

I'd keep Butland in the team. He's hardly played over the last year and every game will help improve his sharpness.

Tav looks like playing every game is catching up with him so Sterling should definitely come in.

I'd also rest Goldson to ensure he's fit for midweek.

9 minutes ago, Bill said:

If the likes of Hagi, Sterling, Roofe, Balogun and McRorie can't get game time against Morton then they would be as well packing it in.

I think Balogun will get a fair amount of game time. Beale also likes Roofe, so I think he'll get time to get him match fit, to provide options up front. I don't see where Hagi fits in and I wouldn't be surprised if his time is coming to an end. 

However, we have to play Sterling. Unless he's really poor in training or attitude (which i don't believe to be the case), he must be given chances to challenge Tav. If Beale is not prepared to rotate RB now and again, what was the point in recruiting him. It will be interesting to see the line-up, because if Morton is not the right opportunity, then there isn't one. If Tav gets injured and he's forced play, without match fitness or familiarity with the players around him, it would be a foolish situation....repeating itself. 

19 minutes ago, Bill said:

I agree with you, except where Hagi is concerned. IMO he’s one of the few genuine talents at the club and we’re in danger of losing him if we don’t give him a route back. 

And I agree with you, about Hagi. It's a catch 22 with him now and I don't think there's a route back. 

2 hours ago, Bill said:

It's all about opinions and mine is that Hagi is fundamentally a better talent than anyone he's currently competing with for a starting place. My only doubt was how he would come back from injury but there doesn't seem to be any problem there. I think it would be a disaster if he was sidelined.

Like I said, I agree with your opinion of Hagi. He's supposedly recovered, having returned at the end of last season, has had a full pre-season but is not being picked as a first choice. Why is that? If he can capitalise on any game time and prove he's worth a starting place, then you never know. I just can't see it.