[FT] Rangers 2 (Dessers 60' pen; Danilo 68') - 1 Morton

37 minutes ago, weebluedevil said:

Like I said, I agree with your opinion of Hagi. He's supposedly recovered, having returned at the end of last season, has had a full pre-season but is not being picked as a first choice. Why is that? If he can capitalise on any game time and prove he's worth a starting place, then you never know. I just can't see it. 

It's probably because Beale considers it a priority for new arrivals to bed in. I can understand that but it will only stretch so far until it becomes counter-productive if those new players fail to exceed the capabilities of existing squad members.

1 minute ago, Bill said:

It's probably because Beale considers it a priority for new arrivals to bed in. I can understand that but it will only stretch so far until it becomes counter-productive if those new players fail to exceed the capabilities of existing squad members.

I think Hagi and the manager have had a fall out .

44 minutes ago, Bill said:

Yes, but you could put Hagi in that bracket (he needs bedded back in) so it’s maybe more to do with Beale feeling that there are stronger options for his style/system I.e the players he’s brought in. Anyway, I agree and would like to see Hagi given a proper chance to prove himself again.