[FT] Rangers 2 (Dessers 60' pen; Danilo 68') - 1 Morton

Aye, Beale has a lot to sort out.  If we're any more than 3 points behind after we play that lot then the season will be looking like another nightmare. 

I don't think any Bears are expecting us to qualify for the CL.  

7 minutes ago, Graeme Ro55 said:

It is a sad state of affairs, Hagi is miles better than Lammers and Roofe is still our best striker imo. Yet we know neither will start Tuesday. 

Morelos, Colak and Sakala have gone & been replaced by Lammers,Danilo, Dessers & Sima. That is beginning to worry me 

I'm not overly fussed on the tactics / system / style of play / personnel. I'm more concerned with our slow build up and the fact the players don't seem to want it as much as other teams. 

We need to go into every game looking like we want to win from the first whistle and play with a high tempo to put teams under the cosh - more domestically than in Europe. We don't do it at all. We look lackadaisical and play a dull, boring and slow type of football.

Great managers like Walter Smith and Alex Ferguson famously got 110% out of players. I'm not even sure Beale is getting 50% out of some of these guys.

The aggression and hunger Hagi showed today is exactly what we have missed as a team IMO.

I'm more concerned about our trip to Dingwall than I am about a trip to Eindhoven. Dingwall is a must win. Eindhoven we are underdogs.

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats

22 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I'm not overly fussed on the tactics / system / style of play / personnel. I'm more concerned with our slow build up and the fact the players don't seem to want it as much as other teams. 

We need to go into every game looking like we want to win from the first whistle and play with a high tempo to put teams under the cosh - more domestically than in Europe. We don't do it at all. We look lackadaisical and play a dull, boring and slow type of football.

Great managers like Walter Smith and Alex Ferguson famously got 110% out of players. I'm not even sure Beale is getting 50% out of some of these guys.

The aggression and hunger Hagi showed today is exactly what we have missed as a team IMO.

I'm more concerned about our trip to Dingwall than I am about a trip to Eindhoven. Dingwall is a must win. Eindhoven we are underdogs.

There is one part of your comment I disagree with. We have 4 wins and two draws against PSV, that makes them the underdogs. MB has to earn his corn, G this team up, pick the right players and give them tactics that make best use of them, not hinder them.

1 minute ago, Graeme Ro55 said:

We have 4 wins and two draws against PSV, that makes them the underdogs

I don't think matches in the 70s have any bearing on what will happen now.

I watched PSV hammer Sturm Graz and they're a good team - quick and clinical.  I've watched our competitive matches this season and we're not good - we're slow and don't cause teams enough problems. 

We are definitely underdogs against PSV.

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

I don't think matches in the 70s have any bearing on what will happen now.

I watched PSV hammer Sturm Graz and they're a good team - quick and clinical.  I've watched our competitive matches this season and we're not good - we're slow and don't cause teams enough problems. 

We are definitely underdogs against PSV.

We beat them 1 - 0  last year

13 minutes ago, Graeme Ro55 said:

We beat them 1 - 0  last year

I know.

They have a new team and a new manager and so do we.  

They won 3-1 away to Vitesse Arnhem today.  

If you think they're underdogs, I doubt you've seen us play this season.  

23 minutes ago, Graeme Ro55 said:

There is one part of your comment I disagree with. We have 4 wins and two draws against PSV, that makes them the underdogs. MB has to earn his corn, G this team up, pick the right players and give them tactics that make best use of them, not hinder them.

I get it’s all about opinions etc but bookies disagree and strongly favour PSV to qualify.