• Todd Cantwell
    • Cyriel Dessers
    • Abdallah Sima
    • John Lundstram
    • Sam Lammers
    • Rabbi Matondo
    • Kieran Dowell
    • Danilo

I voted Cantwell although on reflection it probably should have been Goldson. On TV Dessers did not look good aside from his contribution to the score line, his pass for Matondo was superb, perhaps at the game he looked better. Cantwell just seemed to epitomise the effort I want from a player, and he was always looking forward.

18 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

I voted Cantwell although on reflection it probably should have been Goldson. On TV Dessers did not look good aside from his contribution to the score line, his pass for Matondo was superb, perhaps at the game he looked better. Cantwell just seemed to epitomise the effort I want from a player, and he was always looking forward.

With the exception of Butland, I wish some of our recent signings had hit the ground running as hard as Cantwell and Raskin did when they came on board.

I thought Cantwell was excellent last night.

Cantwell and Raskin's fire ant tactics threw them off. They harried PSV the entire time they were on the pitch. Man for man PSV are much more talented than us. That hustle and breakup play got us those two goals. If they keep that up on Weds, we have a shot. 

Goldson for me, him & Souttar were solid despite that unlucky 2nd goal. I also thought both full backs played well as they were up against pacy, skillful wingers and I expected them both to be torn a new arsehole. They were better than us in the midfield area, but we defended well and created enough chances to win in the end. We finished the stronger team which is pleasing.

We will need a similar performance over there to have any chance of qualifying. Special mention for Matondo who, hopefully, is looking like the player he can be.

It was a toss-up between Souttar and Goldson, but big Connor edged it.   Cantwell was close after that.

The big thing was how much we relied upon the centre half pairing to bail out the full backs when they were regularly caught in behind/ out of position.

Absolutely loved Souttar's darting run in the second half to break the lines from a goal kick, playing the ball down the line for Matondo.  Another sign that the work Beale is doing in training  is starting to show on the pitch

Tough choice, gave it to Cantwell, but Goldson had probably his best game this year, while Butland also looked like a Rangers keeper. Raskin also worked his socks off, some of the others might need to get used to the Ibrox roar on nights like these.