[FT] PSV 5 - 1 Rangers (Tavernier 64)

1 hour ago, der Berliner said:

I think we have better striking options than last season, who are all rather quick and willing to shoot.

I can understand that Bears want to believe this, but it's not really true.

2021/22 1st 3 league games 9 goals
2022/23 1st 3 league games 8 goals
2023/24 1st 3 league games 6 goals

2 hours ago, der Berliner said:

Not on Amazon Prime tonight, would have surprised me, TBH.

It is going to be a tough watch tonight, as they will pound us all game. You wonder whether we will put a three-man defence in front of Butland, plus Borna and Tav. Alas, I think we have better striking options than last season, who are all rather quick and willing to shoot. Their defence doesn't look too clever, so we might get something on the break.

Still, it remains a win-win situation, as IMHO we are better suited to the EL than the CL still, no-one wants to see a repeat of last season, even if we would get lucky with the draw and grab the odd point or win.

That's an interesting observation. I've been surprised at how slow Dessers and Danilo look, Lammers is tall but doesn't look quick either. Sima looks fast, I'll give you that one. Perhaps as they get fitter they'll be quick over the first few yards. 

1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

That's maybe where Lundstram gets the nod over Cifu. He can drop back into defence and make it a back 5.

If we put out a team that's too heavily based on defending then we're just throwing the game away.

By far our best hope lies in being able to able to pressurise their rather shaky defence.

Besides, we don't yet have anything to defend.

7 minutes ago, yuddie said:

Surprised by the amount of people who think we'll get pumped on here, we don't generally get beatings in Europe (last seasons ucl aside).

Just go out and leave everything on the pitch lads.

Some of us are going through the ritual of reverse Juju.

We're getting pumped. 

mc hammer dance GIF

Manager has said no surprises team-wise tonight and I tend to agree with that. Formation and one or two roles still tough to predict though. Use the diamond once again and hope for a Celtic type performance or opt for more of a 4-3-3? Also, do we stick with Lundstram or recall Cifu (who struggled a wee bit last week) and who starts in attack? My prediction below:

F4yRsLrXAAImL6f?format=jpg&name=large

Just now, Frankie said:

Manager has said no surprises team-wise tonight and I tend to agree with that. Formation and one or two roles still tough to predict though. Use the diamond once again and hope for a Celtic type performance or opt for more of a 4-3-3? Also, do we stick with Lundstram or recall Cifu (who struggled a wee bit last week) and who starts in attack? My prediction below:

F4yRsLrXAAImL6f?format=jpg&name=large

I'd be surprised if it was Lundstram+Jack to be honest, I'd probably guess that it will be Raskin-Lundstram-Cifu in midfield with Jack to come on to add steel if we're up or still in it in the last 20.

You might be right though to be fair, the rest of it will be spot on I think with Rabbi to be let loose for the last 30/et.

Could do with Steven Davis for tonight.