[FT] PSV 5 - 1 Rangers (Tavernier 64)

It's still early days and of course the jury is still out but I think there's a gnawing anxiety spreading across the support in general that we might have signed a number of duds this summer. No one wants to arrive at any conclusions while hope remains that things might yet improve but if the evidence of our eyes continues to stoke our fears then there's going to be hell to pay.

9 minutes ago, CammyF said:

But a new dawn has to start somewhere. We were sceptical about being able to stop 10 and we did. It was a 2-0 OF win at Parkhead that propelled us that season and we may have thought then it was a false dawn

It's usual for a new dawn to start with some light on the horizon. I just haven't seen any.

6 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

There are only easy draws for good teams. You may be out of luck.

There are plenty of beatable teams heading into pots 3 and 4.

This is a good chance to gain some ranking points and build confidence.

Not as good as getting into the Champions League group but we have to live with that for now.

1 minute ago, CammyF said:

But a new dawn has to start somewhere. 

It should have started when we won 55. When you rebuild a squad, that is another opportunity - I don't buy into all this 'it takes time BS', you can tell when you have a quality team in place even if they don't hit the ground running, because you can feel it, there's optimism, you get excited for what the team is cappable of in future. But I just don't feel it or see it with this lot. Am I blind? 

14 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I find it hard to criticise someone I haven't heard of.

Besides, it's not a question of criticising signing targets. It's about judging what they do on the field of play. The proof of the pudding .....

Edited by Bill

1 hour ago, ian1964 said:

Get a grip! we are dealing in freebies! it's just a fact, you have to accept facts. The days of old are gone for ever. Let's just win on Sunday

Stop making excuses. There are valid criticisms to be made. 

"Dealing in freebies"? We just spent £15M on new forwards and our goal came from a RB.

"Win on Sunday"? How? We're playing a CL team. They just have all the money. They sold a player for £25M. They have better players. We need to open our eyes and get a grip! (This is sarcasm.)

Just pointing out the inconsistencies, here.

1 minute ago, Graeme Ro55 said:

Garbage tactically, Garbage transfers in & out. How much time do his strikers need. Colak scored on his debut or Parma.

Colak, Hagi, Sakala ...... replaced with what? Granted these players weren't world beaters and needed to be improved upon but from what I've seen so far they were at least as good as our current strike force

1 minute ago, Bill said:

Besides, it's not a question of criticising signing targets. It's about judging what they do in the field of play. The proof of the pudding .....

Sort of. But the fact is we could see their pedigree before they signed so there were, rightly, questions asked. Buying goal scorers with no proven goal scoring records. FFS Pedro's recruitment of forwards was better than this.