[FT] PSV 5 - 1 Rangers (Tavernier 64)

4 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

No, losing two massive cup games

to Celtic and being behind in the league already means we haven’t done well domestically

We returned to the top flight seven years ago.  Out of a total of 21 trophies, we have won a grand total of 2. 

5 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

No, losing two massive cup games

to Celtic and being behind in the league already means we haven’t done well domestically. Let’s hope for a change in fortunes moving forward. 

That was last season for goodness sakes. It means nothing now. We need to look forward. We have a great chance to top of the league (or above them) on Sunday. That's our only focus.

Just now, Gonzo79 said:

We returned to the top flight seven years ago.  Out of a total of 21 trophies, we have won a grand total of 2. 

That is a major concern, we need to get back to winning trophies, no doubt about it!. That annoys me more than the result tonight.

3 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

What's your point? The 7 years prior to this season are irrelevant to what we can achieve this year. 

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

2 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

That was last season for goodness sakes. It means nothing now. We need to look forward. We have a great chance to top of the league (or above them) on Sunday. That's our only focus.

I don’t agree. Our history is a very big part of what makes our club. 

Just now, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I don’t agree. Our history is a very big part of what makes our club. 

When moaning about the latest f*ck up, you can't mention other recent f*ck ups, as that would be unreasonable...apparently. 

Well folks, we have barely started the season, we've got 9 players in and chop and change the team around every single or other game. Some sides click faster and better early in the seasons, others do not. Is there anyone in here who doesn't agree that in the here and now, the CL is not exactly our benchmark? First, we need to build a team that can rip Scottish teams apart and get into a certain rhythm. We've not yet there (and many Rangers teams of the past have neither ... and most came good in the end still. It's a long way to go, so please no defeatism at the end of August. 

How many times we sat here and saw gloom and doom reign, yet, after 20odd more games. it looked much bright. Of course, we'd have to block out most of the years since 2012. 😝 I think we are moving in the right direction, and every journey begins with some difficult steps.

NB: I still want Sakala back! 😎