[FT] PSV 5 - 1 Rangers (Tavernier 64)

Just now, Gonzo79 said:

PSV haven't played in the CL for years.

Neither have we! we got absolutely scudded last time we were in it!. I have to repeat, no Scottish team will ever compete in the CL again, ever!.

Too high a defeat, we played into their hands for much of the game, hardly put any pressure on their defence, and suffered the consequences. This PSV team are no mugs, yet their offensive department can string some quality stuff together.

We are no CL material in the here and now, and while we might beat the odd "lesser" side, the quality teams would have ripped us apart.

Not much fault on the players, I'd say they gave their all. IMHO, too defensive a line-up. Matondo is a project in the making, but IMHO Beale suffers a little from the "glory" factor. I might be wrong, but he had about 4 or 5 good chances, some were blocked, one off the post, some wayward. Not much help from the midfield either ... but there you go, three attackers simply weren't enough, no rocket science and I said that before KO too.

It is Sunday that counts, so onwards we soldier!

1 minute ago, RANGERRAB said:

We simply aren’t comfortable in possession. We give the ball away too easily. Good teams don’t do that

We are uncomfortable in all areas of play, in or out of possession.

We have spent a big chunk of change for us, and don’t look any better than we

did last season. And our big summer signing for 6 million can’t get in the team.

3 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

I have to repeat, no Scottish team will ever compete in the CL again, ever!.

Does compete mean get a couple of points?  Three points or maybe six points?  

Edited by Gonzo79

Some fans need to get a grip FFS. Sunday was always going to be the most important game of this week. Tonight was hugely disappointing but IMO they are a CL level team and we are a team in trying to find an identity. They were dramatically better than last year and have a hugely experienced coach. I get the rewards and status attached to the CL but is it worth getting spanked 6 times for a little bit more cash? Tonight was too soon for this team and it was always going to be.