[FT] Rangers 0 - 1 Celtic

12 minutes ago, Waltersgotstyle said:

I have always liked Michael Beale.

He speaks very well and is a thoroughly decent bloke, he and his family love Scotland and really enjoy life up here.

So I really want it to work out for him. (but he is on his last life)

He speaks far too much

10 minutes ago, Bill said:

We’re not Celtic

Yeah, and dignified silence is working out so well.

Alfies "goal" at Parkhead and now Roofes "goal" yesterday. If those are "fouls", we'd be as well stopping football.  

26 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Which basically tells you all you need to know about the decision.

Former ref Conroy summed it up today. No clear And obvious error so VAR shouldn't have gotten involved and even after they did, Robertson should have stuck with his original decision.

Was it just Muir on VAR? No panel?  I was keen for VAR before it was introduced, but now I'm not so sure. VAR is supposed to correct wrong decisions, in this case it wronged a right decision. If it boils down to one man's interpretation of the rules we're not any better off with VAR. 

We can debate the disallowed goal/foul/penalty all we like. The fact of the matter is, it won't change a thing.

We had 90 minutes at home, to put that ball on the back of the net more times than Celtic, and we didn't

This isn't Beale's first walk in the park against Celtic . This isn't even the first game of the season. He should have a clear game plan and that needs to be communicated to the players and then he needs to motivate to the level that their life depends on it!!

If they are not getting it, then game plan 2. He's the manager, he needs to spot what's wrong and sort it fast.

I do wonder if we need more Scottish/Rangers fan in that team (thinking John brown) to remind them what it's all about.

I still think it's a foul, but I'm willing to go with Dermot. He's pretty good. And impartial in this, I think. 

(I can't stand Steven Warnock, though...)

So, when is the goal going to be allowed? Do we get a point added to the table? :D

My initial reaction from the Club Deck was that I was confused why the VAR goal check was taking so long.   I was then baffled by the decision to disallow, and having then seen a clip on a phone, I couldn't see what the clear and obvious error was.    It mostly looked like a coming together, Dessers had himself in between the man and the ball and won it.   

But it doesn't change the fact that we conceded a soft goal and failed to show enough quality in the final third.  These are the key trends since last year that we were meant to be addressing with the squad revamp.  And much as I like Beale, thats on him.

Its too early, for me, to get rid... but he's moving towards 'last chance' territory.  

3 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I still think it's a foul, but I'm willing to go with Dermot. He's pretty good. And impartial in this, I think. 

(I can't stand Steven Warnock, though...)

So, when is the goal going to be allowed? Do we get a point added to the table? :D

Dermot is a self-confessed Cwltic fan IIRC.