Should Beale be sacked?

Should Beale be sacked?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Should Beale be sacked?

This poll is closed to new votes

23 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Apparently Ross Wilson inserted a clause in Beales contract that if we remove him within 12 months we "only" have to pay £500K compensation.

Where did you here that? 

If it's true, then the Board knew they were taking a gamble on him. That also stacks up given the fact that Beale has brought in 9 players, and although that may suggest he was backed, I don't buy it. He was simply allowed to refresh the squad using incoming fees as his transfer kitty. That doesn't indicate that the Board were entirely confident in Beale. 

If it's true, then Beale may only have a matter of weeks to prove he's the man to take us forward. He joined 28th Nov 2022. I think he has to take 9 points from 12 in Europe (4 games between now and D-day) and full points in the league (21 from 21), IMO. 

12 minutes ago, weebluedevil said:

Where did you here that? 

If it's true, then the Board knew they were taking a gamble on him. That also stacks up given the fact that Beale has brought in 9 players, and although that may suggest he was backed, I don't buy it. He was simply allowed to refresh the squad using incoming fees as his transfer kitty. That doesn't indicate that the Board were entirely confident in Beale. 

If it's true, then Beale may only have a matter of weeks to prove he's the man to take us forward. He joined 28th Nov 2022. I think he has to take 9 points from 12 in Europe (4 games between now and D-day) and full points in the league (21 from 21), IMO. 

Heard it from someone who gets little bits of info now and again. He works for a SPL club and has business contacts within Rangers. Previously, some of the info they've given me has been correct and some haven't materialised. 

Not saying this is true, just passing on what I've heard. 

1 hour ago, weebluedevil said:

Where did you here that? 

Ross Wilson did. 

Sounds like MB was a board choice. 

Another waste of a DoF...

35 minutes ago, weebluedevil said:

aint nobody got time for that GIF

I've been pretty clear on this for weeks. We look a slow, one dimensional, boring, predictable outfit under Michael Beale. We don't create many quality chances and we don't take many of the high quality that we do tend to create. I'm often left wondering what we are waiting for during games. Its like walking football at times. 

He hasn't wont a big game yet. In big games we seem to produce more individual errors than any other team I can remember. We are not being beaten by much better teams (PSV away apart) but against Celtic specifically in the league and cup games last season we threw those games away.

Do I want him sacked? I don't want him sacked as much as I have lost all confidence in him and don't see any signs that he can turn it around. And the sooner we can make a change the sooner I believe we can salvage this season. But then we need to make sure the replacement is the right one. And the evidence suggests the board cant do that either. Gerrard was the exception to the rule. No manager will get a few trophyless seasons here again. I wonder if Beale expects the same level of time as Gerrard had to build something. 

When he came in as manager he made a lot of noise about how much he thought of the club, his connection with the support and how much he and his family enjoyed life here. It was a gamble putting that kind of information on the line as things can change very quickly here. Its a football club where winning is everything, life is on a knife edge. Its not a retirement village.

Can he turn it around? Yes, of course he can. What does he need to do to turn it around?

He needs to win. Quite simply. He needs to ensure the league cup is won. He needs to get this lethargic start to games we seem to have had for years now eradicated, and ensure we start games hungry with tempo. High pressing and high chance creation. He needs that team to go out and play every league and domestic cup game like its his last. I'd put Europe on the backburner to a degree as a run in Europe wont save his job if he falters domestically. Beating Betis wont win him back much of the support. Being close enough in the league to go top with a win at Parkhead in new year will.

It looked like we were tentative and waiting for something on Sunday. It felt like that at Kilmarnock, Servette and at Ross County. It feels like we do that every week. That needs to go. We should have been more aggressive / physical from the off. The players could have blown themselves out and then had the international break to recover. We can also make 5 subs if players who are not fully match fit like Roofe get tired.

I want him to be critical of referees if they make a bad decision. Call it as it is, if they make a bad call, tell the world. Complain about it. The next bad refereeing decision could cost him his job. Who cares about any touchline ban or fines that follow. He may be gone by the time the letter comes in the post. Don't do referees any favours by keeping your powder dry, they do none for us. Don't come out with 'I don't want to be critical of refs'. That just makes it easier for them to do us over.

There were games at Tynecastle and Easter road last season where we approached games under Beale with a different level of energy. The evidence is there that we can do it. We just haven't seen enough of it. We need that every week.

He needs to have belief in his signings. Back his own players. It worked last season with Cantwell and Raskin. Oddly both seem to have regressed massively this season. Get Danilo and Cifuentes in the team. Get Dessers sharp. Find a way to make Lammers effective.

The club wont make a change yet rightly or wrongly. Everything is still in the managers hands. Its up to him where he goes from here.

1 hour ago, MacK1950 said:

I voted to keep him as a new manager starting would have to be exceptional.

These players claim  Beale impressed them to sign so it's time they repaid him.

Do you think any new player is going to make a public declaration that he joined despite the manager?

46 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Ross Wilson did. 

Sound like MB was a board choice. 

Another waste of a DoF...

It might help to explain why Beale is so keen not to have a DoF, or at least for any new DoF to be kept at arms length. Can't have anyone seeing too much of how the manager actually operates.