Should Beale be sacked?

Should Beale be sacked?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Should Beale be sacked?

This poll is closed to new votes

12 hours ago, Bill said:

The reason Beale needs sacking is because, 10 months in, he shows no signs of ever taking us in a direction likely to lead to the league title. That simple truth isn't any less valid because fans can't agree on a replacement manager. How many times do we have to go through the death throes of inept managers to learn the lesson that delaying the decision to sack him only makes matters worse?

It is more about those upstairs taking us to a place where we can win a league title. 

- Finance 

- Structure (football dept.)

- Recruitment (managerial)

- Communication 

Financially, we are well behind.

Structurally, we haven't settled.

Recruitment. All over the place although credit to DK for appointing Gerrard and showing patience.

Communication and mgmt. of expectation levels has been unrealistic. 

Basically, we are still building back the club to where we want to be and some realism might make the journey smoother and even shorter.

2 minutes ago, buster. said:

It is more about those upstairs taking us to a place where we can win a league title. 

- Finance 

- Structure (football dept.)

- Recruitment (managerial)

- Communication 

Financially, we are well behind.

Structurally, we haven't settled.

Recruitment. All over the place although credit to DK for appointing Gerrard and showing patience.

Communication and mgmt. of expectation levels has been unrealistic. 

Basically, we are still building back the club to where we want to be and some realism might make the journey smoother and even shorter.

So are you saying that the board should allow the same time and patience given to Gerrard, i.e. 2 seasons to show continual progress, win a title in yr3? 

Aren't we beyond that stage in the clubs development now though?  do we give every new manager 3 yrs to win a title? 

I agree with you regarding 'those upstairs', this is their mess to be honest.

They haven't really backed any manager financially: Gerrard left due to the lack of funds to kick-on from 55. Gio wasn't backed, although he maintained he had the right squad (blinkered by the EL run and momentum built from Gerrard reign), that ultimately lost him his job. Beale has not been backed, books have just been balanced and arguably we are weaker as a result (I'm comparing quality of players that came in versus those that left rather than form in the last season or so). 

Whilst I don't think Beale has been given the tools  i.e. the quality he was able to bring in, I don't think he has the managerial competence to manage us anyway. But again, it was a fairly easy and economical option by the board to hire Beale in the first place.  

We need a winning strategy from the board particularly in terms of financial investment and recruitment (DoF, manager, scouting). And yes, they may have to dip deep into their pockets again, but the rewards and returns are there if they do. 

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

When something isn't working, you change it.  

Quite simple.  

I'd also use the quote “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results”. 

Therefore, the strategy behind the next appointment has to be different. 

8 minutes ago, weebluedevil said:

I'd also use the quote “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results”. 

Therefore, the strategy behind the next appointment has to be different. 

Graeme Souness said after meeting Bisgrove that there are too many non-footballing people making decisions are big clubs and continually making the incorrect decisions. Maybe something in that.

22 minutes ago, weebluedevil said:

I agree with you regarding 'those upstairs', this is their mess to be honest.

They haven't really backed any manager financially: Gerrard left due to the lack of funds to kick-on from 55. Gio wasn't backed, although he maintained he had the right squad (blinkered by the EL run and momentum built from Gerrard reign), that ultimately lost him his job. Beale has not been backed, books have just been balanced and arguably we are weaker as a result (I'm comparing quality of players that came in versus those that left rather than form in the last season or so). 

Whilst I don't think Beale has been given the tools  i.e. the quality he was able to bring in, I don't think he has the managerial competence to manage us anyway. But again, it was a fairly easy and economical option by the board to hire Beale in the first place.  

The board always said that the rebuild would be front loaded and they gave Gerrard funds to rebuild the team, that led to us winning the league and reaching a Euro final.

The problem is now that there's no excess funds to spend on giving managers more cash. The well of the cash from directors has largely run dry and we therefore have to rely on player sales and fund generated from Europe to firstly pay for our day-to-day expenses, including wages, and then go towards player purchases.

Gerrard didn't want any of his squad sold so it's his own fault that his budget was limited. It's a fact of life that we have to balance the books nowadays. We've spent £14m+ on 3 players and that's not bad going.