Cantwell injured

2 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Depends on the injury, if its medial ligament keeping the knee straight its actually beneficial to keep using it as it build up the strength elsewhere on the knee

I tore my Medial Cruciate Ligament at the tail end of last year and the physio said more and more research shows that mobilisation as soon as possible after the intial 24/48 hours is more beneficial than resting it completely for ligament injuries

5 hours ago, weebluedevil said:

I maybe alone in thinking that was a penalty. Not the harshest, but not the softest either. Maeda, not only barged Cantwell but he then smashed him with his arm in the process. If you look at the line Maeda was going in, it was a barge and no attempt to get the ball. 

Definite penalty for me. 

You are not. Maeda barged into him and kicked his legs ... I saw the slow-motion but once and was having a hearty laugh when there wasn't a VAR on this. Likewise with one of the Japanese jumping into Tav's ankles with a straight leg, leaving Tav on the ground. That was orange at best, and a sending off in Europe.

10 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

NB: While there is every reason to give Lowry game-time away from Ibrox, sending Hagi on loan too was a mistake. Maybe Lawrence and Lammers can cover for Cantwell, but his creativity is only rivalled by Hagi.

I doubt Hagi would relish returning to play under Beale anyway

1 hour ago, Scott7 said:

Adjusted that for you.

It still really annoys me that Beale turned his back on one of the few really talented players we have on the books. What the hell was he playing at?

We’ve all known probably our biggest weakness is the defence and yet apart from the introduction of Souttar he hasn’t improved it in any shape or form if anything it’s got worse and it’s been costly.

Successful Rangers teams alway had a good defence it’s like a hallmark I would bet opposing players can’t wait to take on our two full backs.

3 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I know a lot of Bears talk up Souttar but he's cost us a few important goals.  Definitely needs to improve his concentration levels.  

He has made many mistakes (livi away, them away, Kille away) in a very small sample of games. It remains to be seen if this is just bad luck or a trend.

On 05/09/2023 at 07:14, Malangsob said:

I didn't see anything wrong with the hit. 

Shoulder to shoulder both goin for the ball. 

Buuuuut...give it some time and that will be illegal as well...soft. 

It wasnt shoulder to shoulder - Maeda used his forearm.  Soft though it may be, it was a penalty