Do you know a lot about Elmander? I saw barely a few minutes of him at the WC and it was not enough to judge him from. And why are you on about Bayern in particular?

would not say ` alot` ,but, `enough` more like!

i do follow dutch football when i can and i watched him play for feyenoord a few times.

he arrived as a bit of a wonderboy tag from swedish football to feyenoord but never really lived up to it. not suprsing since he was only 18!

he was shipped out to nac breda where he was more succesful.

i remember watching him a few times and he stuck in my mind because i like players who are able to play as a striker or in the hole role like him.

he`s not made a awful big splash whereever he`s went but when he went to feyenoord bayern munich were reputedly interested in him at the time.

im just suprised they never went for him, but then maybe thats why i`m not a scout!

i definetly don`t think you`d be able to summarise his abillities from a few world cup minutes.

this just happens to be a player i`ve admired and fortunately rangers have become interested in him the smae way i have.

i think he can offer us a tremendous attacking options and he`s still fairly young and starting to be a regular in the sweden team.

i think it`s time we made a move before he starts making his name in europe with sweden.

maybe paul le guen agrees with me.

Disagree - Ross is woefully inadequate for Rangers and not even good enough to be a squad player. And this is not just imo.

i think thats very unfair.

mccormack wasn`t really used enough, certainly not in the last season. then when he did come on he usually assisted or scored.

he`s still very young and i would like to see him learn under leguen for at least another year before we kick another kid out!

I found it weird how only Radio Clyde and the Evening Times picked up on this story. Neither Reporting Scotland, Scotland Today or Real Radio had the story which got me slighly worried. Fingers crossed though and i hope Elmander is on his way too.

As McCormack goes, i used to go up to broadwood a lot to see the reserves and for ages he was the only stand out we had. Always running at players, has a great shot and was an exciting prospect. He has looked ok when called upon the top team, but not given a proper chance to shine like he can. But we dont see these guys day in day out in training so who knows, maybe the step up is too much for McCormack. Pitty though, i've always liked him

Le Guen has been watching McCormack for 2 weeks now he will have seen enough to make a decision. What good will it do the lad to be stuck in reserve team football for another year. Best for all parties i think.

Although i watch Dutch football every week i can't really remember anything about Elmander. I don't know if that says anything.

Le Guen seems to like him and he must be a better judge than me.

Remember that PLG has seen most of our games from last season and has now worked with the lads up close for a couple of weeks, so he's probably as best placed as anyone to make judgements now.

Correct Mike...

PLG watched plenty of our games from last year and even after a week of pre-season and one practice match probably feels confident enough in what players he can work with an improve as opposed to the ones that won't make the grade.

Great news on the Clement signing, we once again can field a team of real midfielders. With Sionko, Ferguson, Hemdani, Clement, Buffel, Namouchi and Burke in contention for places Im very positive about our play next season.

There seems to be as much going out the door as there is coming in with Bob, Rae, Rae, Soti, Lovenkrands, Watterrues, FanFan and Bernard all making way. I thought PLG wanted 23 or 24 in his squad. Although it is good to get dead wood out and re-building will take time.