9 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

UEFA has I think 55 member countries and 24 of them will be going to Germany for the euros finals next year. Almost half of the countries in UEFA. Why do they need so many qualification matches if half of them are going to qualify?

Having 5 being geographically in Asia makes more games. Having the break up of the Soviet and Yugoslavia opened things up which is fair enough and moving from 8 teams in Euro 92 to 16 in Euro 96 was a good call but now the set up is giving teams byes to the tournament with such games in the Nations League. Because teams have a back door way in through the Nations league it makes even more meaningless games in the actual qualifiers. 

Qualification is getting easier, if Albania has qualified then that says it all. 

Plus I noticed Slovenia play Kazakhstan in the final group game with winner takes all - if Kazak go through then the Saudis will instantly want to join the Euro set up. 

17 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Would it be anti-semitic of me to say that Israel should not be in EUFA as they are not in Europe?

Not at all.

I see Hagi scored Romania’s winning goal against Israel last night.

1 hour ago, alexscottislegend said:

Would it be anti-semitic of me to say that Israel should not be in EUFA as they are not in Europe?

No, not anti-Semitic, but it would be anacronymistic (to invent a word) - which is almost as severe a crime to some on this forum!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Israel in UEFA because of the anti-Semitism of many of their AFC neighbours?

5 hours ago, alexscottislegend said:

I have wondered about their inclusion in the Eurovision, not that i watch it, but then again i wonder the same about the UK. 

11 hours ago, alexscottislegend said:

Israel are a UEFA member and not in AFC Asia & Australia for obvious reasons 

Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia & Kazakhstan aren’t in Europe either but are UEFA members. When the USSR was dissolved in 1991 the FA’s of the former republics were given the choice of joining UEFA or AFC

Next up internationals fiasco is the 48 teams qualifying for the 2026 WC in USA, Canada & Mexico ( I can remember 74& 78 when 16 qualified).
Funniest bit I’ve seen is CONMEBOL ( South America) where traditionally the ten S.American countries contested a 10 team division playing each other home & away and the top 3 or 4 qualified automatically & the next team went into playoffs.

But with 48 teams qualifying the as I understand things, top SIX now qualify automatically & whoever finishes seventh goes into playoffs 😂

Edited by RANGERRAB

On 19/11/2023 at 16:01, ChelseaBoy said:

I have wondered about their inclusion in the Eurovision, not that i watch it, but then again i wonder the same about the UK. 

Australia are in the Eurovision